Vitaor

lois1112

I've used them once or twice and never had a problem. I believe they are more like an agent for other tour operators than a tour operator themselves, similar to the way a travel agent works. Your contact is the travel agent but the travel agent doesn't actually operate the cruise line. I THINK Viator is a similar operation. They basically connect tourists with tour operators and then take their commision.

If anyone knows better, please correct me.

I used them for a couple of tours in Germany - easy to book. But one of my tours was cancelled at the last minute - there was no notification and it took forever to get my money back as they had to get verification that the tour was indeed cancelled. So it appears that they are just another sales and marketing operation and not a real tour operator.

There have been many discussions here about what to do in Juneau - Whale Watching - lots of indpendent vendors

Mt Roberts Tram - buy your tickets at the tram

Mendenhall Glacier- take the bus for a few bucks

These are probably the most popular things here is a link to a site that will tell you more about all the AK ports - along with other tour ideas http://cruiseportinsider.com/index.html

Actually, I think the local bus drops you about a mile from Mendenhall Glacier. There are shuttle busses (about $8 each way) that drop you right at the Glacier - I read that they are right near the cruise dock.

There are two bus optoins to Mendenhall the city bus, which has a stop on Franklin a couple blocks down on the right, drops you off at a mile+++ from the visitor center, only runs about 1/hour. and the shuttle buses, which leave in the parking lot next to the tram, direct back and forth, and at peak times, can run every 1/2 hour.

Archived