Restaurants for Salmon - not Salmon Bake

kodykatt

We will be visiting Juneau, Skagway, and Ketchikan and my son wants to eat Salmon. Hoping someone knows of a very good restaurant in any of these cities. I know there are salmon bakes but they seem touristy and probably crowded. Do any of the restaurants prepare the salmon with that "outdoor" cooking over wood?

Thanks and regards

I'm a Juneau resident and Thane Ore House is great! No other restaurants cook outdoors. For an indoor sitdown restaurant the Hangar and Twisted Fish are both good choices, especially for Halibut. Have fun.....Its Sunny and 65 today in Juneau!

I too suggest Thane Ore. But don't hesistate to walk up to someplace and give it a try, if the menu is of interest to you. :)

Budget Queen,

Do you need reservations at Thane Ore? Also, is it far from the docks, i.e. do you need a rental car or is there other transportation to get there? Thanks for any info.

Budget Queen,

Do you need reservations at Thane Ore? Also, is it far from the docks, i.e. do you need a rental car or is there other transportation to get there? Thanks for any info.

If you are taking Capt Larry's whale watching trip while in Juneau they can also arrange this for your.. I wouldn't bother with rental car..

I'm a Juneau resident and Thane Ore House is great! No other restaurants cook outdoors. For an indoor sitdown restaurant the Hangar and Twisted Fish are both good choices, especially for Halibut. Have fun.....Its Sunny and 65 today in Juneau!

Are Hangar and Twisted Fish within walking distance of the docks?

Not sure how close you want to the Space Needle/Seattle Center area - but you can take the monorail from the center to go downtown. Here are a few good places t consider:

The Fisherman - right on the waterfront, they offer a "Feast" style menu. It's a four course meal - starting with Clam Chowder served with sourdough bread. Then Tossed green saled with Honey Dijon Mustard. Then bucket of mixed local hood canal clams and mussels and then your choice of

Salmon - mesquite grilled 19.95 per person

Crab feast - dungeness, king and snow crab - 29.95 per person

Halibut - mesquite grilled 24.95 per person

prawn - crabmeat stuffed, mesquite grilled and panko fried - 28.95

cod - basted with herbed butter 18.95

Real close to the Seattle Center (and good)

TS McHughes

alder smoked king salmon - nw king salmon smoked over nw alder wood then broiled. Served with irish mashed potatoes, beggies, irish soda bread and salad or soup

We like the Rocksalt on Lake Union too

Steaks are wonderful and I just had cedar plank baked salmon two weeks ago - marvelous.

Anthony's at Pier 66 is very good - and you'll be able to watch the NCL ships sail off into the sunset from there.

There are also great casual dining restaurants on the waterfront - the Crabpot, Steamers...

Enjoy your day - hope the weather is nice while you are here!

Archived