Steward bringing EXTRAS?

I have always gotten what I asked from my steward but I have never really asked for anything difficult, either.

I was wondering what extras you guys have recieved just from the simple act of asking for it. I know they will bring robes if requested. Any luck with getting a small table on your JS deck? That is what I am hoping for. Maybe a $20 tip for that request?

Thanks in advance...

We sailed the Navigator in Feb. 05 and there was a small table on the balcony in our JS. We have gotten champagne glasses and a ice bucket for our bottle of bubbly, without even asking. Also once we needed a sewing kit and the room steward brought us her own personal kit. Which I think was above and beyond. Also room stewards are full of good advice as to where to go on the islands. After all they go there every week. Our Jamaican room steward told us where to get the best meat patties. Yummy!!!

Whilst onboard the Costa Atlantica last year, we had a JS and had a great table that could have the height adjusted just by a small lever underneath it.

It could go from coffee table to dining table height and I thought it was a great idea.

Does RCI have anything like that in their staterooms or JS, I figured that if they do room service they must have somewhere where you can actually sit eat the food. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part.

Happycruzer

Whilst onboard the Costa Atlantica last year, we had a JS and had a great table that could have the height adjusted just by a small lever underneath it.

It could go from coffee table to dining table height and I thought it was a great idea.

Does RCI have anything like that in their staterooms or JS, I figured that if they do room service they must have somewhere where you can actually sit eat the food. Or is this just wishful thinking on my part.

Happycruzer

To my experience, having sailed in balcony, JS and GS (and visited OS and RS for looking) it´s wishful thinking. Never saw anything like that on RCCL.

The table on the balcony of the GS is a little larger and square shaped instead of round shaped like in the lower categories but it´s not adjustable in height.

It wouldn´t be possible to sit at it like at a dining table.

Well, I will cling to my hope that they can get us a proper taller table on the JS balcony. I would love to be able to eat breakfast out there without holding my plate on my lap!!

Well never give up your hope:) . But I would not bet a single cent on the fact that you get your table. Sorry (JMHO and I hope I´m wrong)

Well, rats!!

I saw in some photos people had posted pictures of them sitting on the balcony with a table eating - I imagine it was an upper suite they were in - and just HOPE HOPE that my steward would be nice enough to bring one of those tables to my LOWER suite JS.

Would be nice!

I will keep dreaming....

The smallest things in life make me happy~ Especially chocolate!

When leaving my room one evening, I passed Fred, our Steward, and asked him to "hook me up with more chocolates". Just kidding, or course.

When I returned to my room, the bed was turned down and the entire bed was covered in wrapped chocolates! Good boy, Fred!

Heathernijoli, do a search on this thread for "roll up table" or "roll a table". I know I read some posters actually bring a table just for the purpose you're talking about. It was probably a few months ago that I saw it on this thread. Good luck...

Amanda:)

Really? already a table on the JS suite of the Navigator?? Wow...

Anyone else had this experience? The room description does not state this...

Our AFT cabin (1694) on the NOS did have a table that would be condusive to dining... although not as large as a typical patio table. (would be tight with more than 2 people...)

As to requests... (although not from the stewart...)

We happened to be drinking in the Champagne Bar one night, and were introduced to the food services manager. When asked about how we were enjoying the food, I informed him that there weren't enough DARK chocolate selections.

To my surprise, when we returned to the stateroom from shore the next afternoon, there was a plate of dark chocolate strawberries, dark chocolate covered cookies and assorted pastries, and a huge plate of fruit. His business card was atop the mountain of goodies! :)

1694-2.jpg.6613ae4f8fe64bdb8f34338c92decba3.jpg

As to requests... (although not from the stewart...)

We happened to be drinking in the Champagne Bar one night, and were introduced to the food services manager. When asked about how we were enjoying the food, I informed him that there weren't enough DARK chocolate selections.

To my surprise, when we returned to the stateroom from shore the next afternoon, there was a plate of dark chocolate strawberries, dark chocolate covered cookies and assorted pastries, and a huge plate of fruit. His business card was atop the mountain of goodies! :)

WHO KNEW?!?!?!? :D It was just there for the asking! ;)

Maybe I'll seek this very important gentleman out on our next voyage!

A~:)

I was thinking about asking for a CLEAN blanket and bedspread:eek:

Carrie:p

On the last day of our cruise last week, our bedspread and blanket (and my sister's next door) disappeared during the morning service, and reappeared that evening.

The smallest things in life make me happy~ Especially chocolate!

When leaving my room one evening, I passed Fred, our Steward, and asked him to "hook me up with more chocolates". Just kidding, or course.

When I returned to my room, the bed was turned down and the entire bed was covered in wrapped chocolates! Good boy, Fred!

My kind of room steward! You were lucky to have a steward with a sense of humor :) Cute story.

I have a JS on Voyager and was on the ship last summer. The tables on the balcony are endtable size. I am bringing my own roll up table. Email me if you are interested in purchasing one. I can give you the info. It is 32" square and is dining height. It rolls into a 6x32" tube. I attach it to my rolling carryon with no problem. Sounds a bit extreme but it is great to have on the balcony. robinob55@msn.com

Archived