Prices are great until.......

brenderlou

I am looking for a Spring Break 2013 cruise for our family of 3. I have never sailed NCL so decided to check out what was available.

My heart skipped a beat and a smile came to my face when I saw several 7 day cruises at GREAT prices until I went further in the reservation process.

An inside for 7 days was $549 (approx) per person and then the 3rd was $809.

I've been on NCL's website in the past and they use to post fares like other lines (higher for the 1st 2 passenger and then lower for additional guests). I guess they are just trying to make like they are offering lower fares until you go further. : (

When I booked a family suite for November for 5 of us. The 3rd,4th,5th person was 199.00 each. If I saw what you did I would have to call and ask WHAT UP with that mess.

There's a huge difference between November and Spring Break.

I am looking for a Spring Break 2013 cruise for our family of 3. I have never sailed NCL so decided to check out what was available.

My heart skipped a beat and a smile came to my face when I saw several 7 day cruises at GREAT prices until I went further in the reservation process.

I've been on NCL's website in the past and they use to post fares like other lines (higher for the 1st 2 passenger and then lower for additional guests). I guess they are just trying to make like they are offering lower fares until you go further. : (

I have never seen this before. Could it possibly be a typo? Instead of the college kids squeezing 4 in a cabin they could have 2 cabins and $500 for drinks.

: (

I was also looking for Spring Break 2013 cruises and came across this as well. The higher 3rd person price was on 2013 Western Carib. on the Pearl. The Western Carib. on the Star is also $549 inside (with pax 3-8 only being $329). That's the one we decided to go with! Good luck on your search for the spring break vacation!

Book multiple cabins for 2 people, find connecting cabins! I was able to get an excellent rate on our SB 2013 NCL cruise by booking 3 cabins of 2 people, two of which connect, I'm so excited!

It's capacity management, not a typo

They are not limiting the numbers though with this practice just making the third person pay more. If it were strictly a capacity issue would they not just limit the number of passengers allowed in each cabin?

They are not limiting the numbers though with this practice just making the third person pay more. If it were strictly a capacity issue would they not just limit the number of passengers allowed in each cabin?

I am not expert, but I think there is more to capacity management than capacity issues. I think it is adjusting demand and maximizing profit. after all, only the people who really, really want a third in their inside cabin will book a triple at that rate. Everybody else will find another person to book two cabins. That saves the thirds and fourths for other cabins, including larger suites. although it is very early to be running short of third and fourth passenger capacity, it is possible, especially if NCL has a group booking with lots of triples or quads.

I am not expert, but I think there is more to capacity management than capacity issues. I think it is adjusting demand and maximizing profit. after all, only the people who really, really want a third in their inside cabin will book a triple at that rate. Everybody else will find another person to book two cabins. That saves the thirds and fourths for other cabins, including larger suites. although it is very early to be running short of third and fourth passenger capacity, it is possible, especially if NCL has a group booking with lots of triples or quads.

If you added the prices and divided by 3 it still seemed like a decent price for March. Airfare, well that's a whole different story.

Archived