Soda Card $'s

LIV 2 CRUISE

Keep in mind the drinks aren't cold or room temp, they're hot and when poured on ice, go flat.

If you like them like that, you're in good shape but otherwise might consider bringing your own.

• 1 month later...
Keep in mind the drinks aren't cold or room temp, they're hot and when poured on ice, go flat.

If you like them like that, you're in good shape but otherwise might consider bringing your own.

Can someone please clarify this for me? I have ordered individual sodas and know they are in cans (not chilled) and are usually served with a glass of ice. But i see that with the soda sticker, drinks are served by the glass (16 oz) - are these served over ice?

You live near Atlanta, the home of Coke and tell me that canned sodas go flat when poured over ice? Really? :eek:

How do you explain that mixed drinks served at the bar don't and I've never experienced a flat soda after it was poured over ice in 53 years?

Just so you know, fountain soda is not cold coming from most taps, it comes from Co2 gas and syrup, routed up to the spigot. It touches ice the instant it hits the glass.

You live near Atlanta, the home of Coke and tell me that canned sodas go flat when poured over ice? Really? :eek:

How do you explain that mixed drinks served at the bar don't and I've never experienced a flat soda after it was poured over ice in 53 years?

Just so you know, fountain soda is not cold coming from most taps, it comes from Co2 gas and syrup, routed up to the spigot. It touches ice the instant it hits the glass.

Science backs me up. Solubility of gas is affected by temperature. The warmer a coke is, the more gas is released when pouring it, and the ice affects it even more making them go flat almost instantly.

Fountain drinks are different because of how and when they are mixed.

If you still don't believe me, a simple google search will provide more information.

Sent from Tapa-Talk. Please forgive my brevity and lack of punctuation.

Can someone please clarify this for me? I have ordered individual sodas and know they are in cans (not chilled) and are usually served with a glass of ice. But i see that with the soda sticker, drinks are served by the glass (16 oz) - are these served over ice?

In the dining room Ive seen them give a glass of ice and the can of soda to the person, pretty much every time Ive seen it from the soda card...

they let the person pour it over ice in the MDR.

Archived