MDR Menu

dave_k63

Some people were talking on the Carnival Site about "new menus" and said they now included things like mac and cheese, fried chicken etc and compared the MDR with Denny's. I'm going on a cruise this summer, and would like to find the latest MDR menu, if one is available online. Thanks for your help

Some people were talking on the Carnival Site about "new menus" and said they now included things like mac and cheese, fried chicken etc and compared the MDR with Denny's. I'm going on a cruise this summer, and would like to find the latest MDR menu, if one is available online. Thanks for your help

Here you go:

http://www.zydecocruiser.net/menus/new_11_11/index.htm

My husband is a very picky eater. He likes everything plain. (No lettuce/tomato/creamy condiments/etc.) Can you order items without or is that too much trouble when they're making food for such large amounts of people? I'm just hoping we can still enjoy the MDR without having to figure out what he will actually eat that is ok with him the way it already comes, lol.

My husband is a very picky eater. He likes everything plain. (No lettuce/tomato/creamy condiments/etc.) Can you order items without or is that too much trouble when they're making food for such large amounts of people? I'm just hoping we can still enjoy the MDR without having to figure out what he will actually eat that is ok with him the way it already comes, lol.

I'm exactly like your husband and I find things to eat in the dining room.

Here is what I usually get:

Day 1: Beef Brisket in gravy

Day 2: Prime Rib

Day 3: Short Ribs (I order a side of baked potato because I am not fond of the rice the ribs come with)

Day 4: Farfalle with turkey and peas (this comes with a kind of butter sauce)

Day 5: Filet and Short rib combo

Day 6: Chateaubriand - now this one is difficult. It comes with a bearnaise sauce. The sauce is not ON the meat but around it in a sort of design. I usually ask them to try to find one with a minimum of bernaise. They usually offer to get one without. But I am ok eating around it.

Day 7: Prime rib of beef au jus

If none of that sounds acceptable, there is always the flat iron steak and the grilled chicken that both come plain.

Maggie

I enjoy the new menu. I actually can't wait for the comfort food station that Carnival is working on :D

I'm a really picky eater so I can understand where your husband is coming from. The grilled chicken is a great option. I had steamed veggies every night as well. I thought the bacon mac n cheese was pretty delicious :p

By the way, I love Sargent_Schultz's website!

I'm exactly like your husband and I find things to eat in the dining room.

Here is what I usually get:

Day 1: Beef Brisket in gravy

Day 2: Prime Rib

Day 3: Short Ribs (I order a side of baked potato because I am not fond of the rice the ribs come with)

Day 4: Farfalle with turkey and peas (this comes with a kind of butter sauce)

Day 5: Filet and Short rib combo

Day 6: Chateaubriand - now this one is difficult. It comes with a bearnaise sauce. The sauce is not ON the meat but around it in a sort of design. I usually ask them to try to find one with a minimum of bernaise. They usually offer to get one without. But I am ok eating around it.

Day 7: Prime rib of beef au jus

If none of that sounds acceptable, there is always the flat iron steak and the grilled chicken that both come plain.

Maggie

These sound like some good ideas! I may go through the pics provided in this thread with him so he can get an idea of some of the food before we ever get there. Like you said I think he'll be ok after all.

I enjoy the new menu. I actually can't wait for the comfort food station that Carnival is working on :D

I'm a really picky eater so I can understand where your husband is coming from. The grilled chicken is a great option. I had steamed veggies every night as well. I thought the bacon mac n cheese was pretty delicious :p

Unfortunately he won't eat veggies either, but meat he's definitely a fan of. I figure if nothing else there's the steak/chicken available nightly. Thanks!

Have him look at the menus posted by zodiaccruisers.

I'm pretty picky myself but find plenty to eat. I am in the minority but the Flat Iron Steak has always been good. Just order it medium. He can get a baked potato, fries any night. Check out the everyday menu.

I'm betting he will not go hungry.

They will do this to a point. If he has an allergy certainly don't order it in case they mess it up, but we have ordered things without sauce like the steak or chicken or something that we can't pick out...but something that has a tomato on it, it is easier to pick it off.

TIP...if you order eggs benedict in the dining room make sure you ask for the sauce on the side...first they give you so much it drowns it and second, it will be fresh and not soggy...

You and me both...LOVED it! I heard they were putting it on the new brunch menu so that will be a bonus if that is true...

I found that our waiters basically served us the dishes as they were prepared by the kitchen. There wasn't any substituting one thing for another. But they were more than willing to bring us separate dishes of other things. For instance, my mother-in-law wanted mashed potatoes with her entree instead of the roasted potatoes that came with it one night. Our waiter brought her a side serving of mashed potatoes but the roasted potatoes were still on the plate.

Archived