Is there any variety?

queenofIT

We have taken 6 Carnival cruises in the last 3 years on 4 different ships, new, old and in between. After getting back from a cruise last week I am becoming bored with the same on every sailing. The activities, the food, the shows, even the exact same ice carving on every ship. We even saw a comedian on a cruise and a year and a half later saw him on a different ship where he did the exact same material. We like Carnival and feel it's the best value but there needs to be more variety for frequent cruisers. Does anyone else feel the same? :confused: I am hoping the 2.0 upgrade will help to a certain extent but that will be a while before it gets to all the ships.

We have taken 6 Carnival cruises in the last 3 years on 4 different ships, new, old and in between. After getting back from a cruise last week I am becoming bored with the same on every sailing. The activities, the food, the shows, even the exact same ice carving on every ship. We even saw a comedian on a cruise and a year and a half later saw him on a different ship where he did the exact same material. We like Carnival and feel it's the best value but there needs to be more variety for frequent cruisers. Does anyone else feel the same? :confused: I am hoping the 2.0 upgrade will help to a certain extent but that will be a while before it gets to all the ships.

Yep definitely feel the same.

Our last cruise was on princess and our next 2 are on NCL and then princess again.

So yes I am bored with the same old stuff. We are platinum on CCL.

Even on our last Princess cruise I was kinda bored. it was our fourth cruise on Princess.

I don't know maybe I'm just cruised out.

Bill

This is why our last cruise we looked at RCCL Oasis and NCL Epic. We had just done 3 CCL in a row and we wanted a change. We were interested in one of the newer larger ships so we compared these 2 and didn't even look at the newer Carnival ones. Usually Carnival wins out when comparing by budget which is why most of our cruises have been on them...sometimes its nice just to switch things up a bit. FWIW NCL Epic ended up being our choice. For the same week, same itinerary (only backwards from each other), same room types (2 insides), NCL Epic was $1000 total less for the 4 of us. It was great choice for us :D.

Yup. I feel the same. Last cruise, I was actually a little bored with some of the activities and do not really like the sea days. Even some of the trivia questions were exactly the same from previous cruises so we knew all the answers. Thankfully, I was traveling with great company so we still had a good time regardless.

I like Carnival and will not hesistate to cruise with them if I need an inexpensive getaway to someplace warm. However, I am looking at booking my next cruise with either Royal or Princesss for more variety vs. being tied to one cruiseline.

I also do land trips to break up the monotomy between cruises.

I say you should switch it up a little.

I do know what you mean, and while I have never had a boring cruise, that is one reason we switched (at least for the next cruise) to RCCL. I love Carnival and will go back to them again, just wanted some variety. You can't beat Carnivals price though. :D

For awhile we were doing two cruises a year...then we graduated to four...(my idea...not DH's)...By '07 DH was so sick of cruising he swore off of it for awhile ( I suffered)...so now we try to keep it to one a year...makes it more special..

I'd be happier with two a year but he'd probably mutiny and boycott cruising for two to three years...and I can't live with that, so it's a compromise....

Anyway..change up your crusie lines from time to time...we always end up back with CCL though...lots of little things that we like about them more than others...

If you want variety you are going to have to switch cruise lines or wait 4 - 5 years between cruises.

Archived