Which cruise would be best for us in Alaska?

carlsbadbruin

Hi,

We have previously enjoyed two cruises, both on Disney Magic, and would like to plan a cruise to Alaska for June 2013. Our choices include Celebrity Solstice, Norwegian Peal/Jewel, Star/Golden Princess, or Carnival Miracle. We are a couple mid-40s travelling with our two sons, 13 and 15, and 68 year old grandma. We are not partyers; don't drink or smoke. My husband may play some blackjack. We like good food and entertainment (shows, live music). Any suggestions? I am leaning toward Celebrity, but I am unsure whether there will be enough to keep my sons busy on sea days. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

With a caveat that we have not actually sailed...

Decide what you want to do in Alaska & work back to cruise line.

For example, We wanted to travel in June or July. We wanted to go to Glacier Bay. We wanted round trip out of Vancouver. We wanted a "small" ship.

Based on that we figured out which line(s) fit most if not all of our needs.

I don't think that Celebrity goes to Glacier Bay & I think that Carnival only goes there at the very begining & very end of the season. Some of the ships that you mention leave out of Seattle.

The feedback you'll get from the Alaskan boards will likely be more pointed than those here ;)

Hi,

We have previously enjoyed two cruises, both on Disney Magic, and would like to plan a cruise to Alaska for June 2013. Our choices include Celebrity Solstice, Norwegian Peal/Jewel, Star/Golden Princess, or Carnival Miracle. We are a couple mid-40s travelling with our two sons, 13 and 15, and 68 year old grandma. We are not partyers; don't drink or smoke. My husband may play some blackjack. We like good food and entertainment (shows, live music). Any suggestions? I am leaning toward Celebrity, but I am unsure whether there will be enough to keep my sons busy on sea days. Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you!

Archived