CocoCay questions

rcprncss

I am looking for a quiet place to relax while in CocoCay. I went only once on my first cruise and just remember rows of chairs lined up. It seemed really crowded. Is there a quiet, less crowded beach area someone can recommend? Thank you.

I am looking for a quiet place to relax while in CocoCay. I went only once on my first cruise and just remember rows of chairs lined up. It seemed really crowded. Is there a quiet, less crowded beach area someone can recommend? Thank you.

thats because everyone seems to pile up at the first available beach place they come to.

seems I recall people saying if you follow the path to the right all the way out it is a much more secluded beach area with chairs available.

When you get off the tender walk to the "busy" beach. The further around the island you get the quieter it will get, to the point where you can find a place where nobody is. Be aware there are no services out there, no food, drinks, or restrooms.

When you get off the tender walk to the "busy" beach. The further around the island you get the quieter it will get, to the point where you can find a place where nobody is. Be aware there are no services out there, no food, drinks, or restrooms.

Which is why it is so peaceful. Everyone wants to be next to the bar and the free food.

Keep walking past the sports beach. You can actually walk all the way around the island. Over here:

35n35hu.jpg

I think there were eventually 6 people around over there with us. There are loungers and some beach huts with tops for shade. And lots of critters, mostly sea grass and white sand, but just last week, my brother had a Manatee, that's right! come right up to him within a foot of his face and just look at him for 10 minutes. He did not have an water camera so no pic of it, but he swears it did!

Barefoot is normally extremely quiet. I take a walk all the time when we are there. We always sit in the more busy section as we like to people watch, but I take a walk down past Barefoot all the time and it normally has very few people out there. If you want solitude, that is the way to go.

Barefoot Beach! Sounds good. I love the name too. Does this mean the sand is soft and there are no little pebbles/rocks?

Thanks everyone.

For the most part the sand is soft with few to no rocks in it all the way around the island. If you were to keep walking past the palm tree in the above picture you would eventually reach a VERY rocky out cropping. With the way the waves crash on them they are very jagged. I have "walked" more like crawled up them, but I wouldn't advise doing it barefoot like I did!

Archived