I used to work for RCI and made these timelapse videos in my spare time.

I shot these clips onboard the Radiance and Splendour between 2008-2009 during my spare time while working onboard. I edited them together when I got home, and then posted it to youtube. I'm so glad I was able to make this, and I hope you enjoy it!

Very interesting. We plan to visit Smith & Wollensky in Miami prior to our cruise to watch four ships come by between 4-5pm and the video clearly shows how close the ships will be because you can see S&W at the 39 and 41 second marks. It also confirmed for me the pier layout for Tenerife.

This was fun to watch, thank you.

So, not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering since you worked for RCI, maybe you could tell me what these are for? I have seen them on many ships, and asked the question on another thread. After 8000 plus views, I still don't know the answer. Maybe you know?

Thanks,

photo.jpg.0464bc2ababd04ec35fc69c6ff875950.jpg

photo1.jpg.ae059c41085563b2f1026978017caab6.jpg

photo3.jpg.fd42ea505d27443c8c25b960f88d5502.jpg

This was fun to watch, thank you.

So, not to hijack your thread, but I was wondering since you worked for RCI, maybe you could tell me what these are for? I have seen them on many ships, and asked the question on another thread. After 8000 plus views, I still don't know the answer. Maybe you know?

Thanks,

Ok, here is my theory, They are "patches" where the rubberish decking material has failed. Making them the same color would not match due to sun fade etc, so they put down somehing that seems decorative. I noticed some on Voyager and then more the next year. Or, they are landing marks from small alien craft............

IrelandVegas

I shot these clips onboard the Radiance and Splendour between 2008-2009 during my spare time while working onboard. I edited them together when I got home, and then posted it to youtube. I'm so glad I was able to make this, and I hope you enjoy it!

Thanks for sharing! You have talent! :)