Deck 9 Across from Concierge Lounge?

bzv143

Looking at booking our first Oceania cruise--a TA, and want to be near the morning coffee in the Concierge Lounge. :D Would a cabin across from the Concierge Lounge on Deck 9 get too much noise from the doors banging, or people talking? AND--is the coffee good on Oceania?

Finally, what is offered in the Concierge Lounge...besides a Concierge?

Thanks for any info.

what is offered in the Concierge Lounge...besides a Concierge

Comfy chairs & sofas, Newspapers, magazines, nibbles, soft-drinks, big screen TV, several hard wired computers, a printer, very similar to the Neptune lounge on Holland America.

064447.jpg

...Would a cabin across from the Concierge Lounge on Deck 9 get too much noise from the doors banging, or people talking?...

We were in 9026 for 21 days on Marina, literally directly across from the concierge lounge post side entrance. It was super convenient to run out for Betsy's coffee in the AM, or for additional Diet Cokes for me. We never heard a sound inside the cabin that had anything to do with the lounge.

9026.JPG

I also found some pix or the concierge lounge that I had forgotten I had. The first shows it from the perspective of the concierge desk, the second and third are of the coffee machine, pastry and cooler area, and the last is from the opposite perspective of the first -- with the TV at my back, showing the computer console on the right and the concierge desk on the left. Our cabin was just across the hall from the door on the right in the last picture.

concierge1.JPGconierge2.JPGconcierge3.JPGconcierge4.JPG

We were with Don when he took those photos and the Marina was very very new. You could still smell the fresh paint everywhere-

Why do I suddenly feel like Rose in Titanic? :p

GLORIA-STUART.jpg Anyway, I'll bet that all those cubby holes and cabinets are filled with knick knacks by now-

I haven't been opposite the concierge lounge but we were once booked opposite the elevator bank and didn't hear a sound! As a matter of fact, we loved the location as it was so handy.

The ship's insulation is excellent and you should have not problem with noise at all.

Thank you ALL, esp. for the pictures. A picture certainly says a 1,000 words. And you are right, looks like the HAL Concierge Lounge! :)

No it does NOT, not a bit, nothing at all like it, because while HAL may have a Lounge with a Concierge they DO NOT HAVE A CONCIERGE LOUNGE.

The room does resemble HAL's SUITE LOUNGE, which caters to their top two categories of Suites. :D

No it does NOT, not a bit, nothing at all like it, because while HAL may have a Lounge with a Concierge they DO NOT HAVE A CONCIERGE LOUNGE.

The room does resemble HAL's SUITE LOUNGE, which caters to their top two categories of Suites. :D

Well, let me walk the plank for my absolute ignorance! Hang me! Draw and quarter me!

I will retire back to my mole hole in disgrace for this heinous error in name, shunned by HAL and JimandStan. Mea Culpa. :(

Well, let me walk the plank for my absolute ignorance! Hang me! Draw and quarter me!

I will retire back to my mole hole in disgrace for this heinous error in name, shunned by HAL and JimandStan. Mea Culpa. :(

I did not mean it that way at all-

The problem, if there is one, is that Oceania is virtually alone in offering any kind of a dedicated lounge to their Concierge Passengers.

This naturally causes people who are new to Oceania to want to compare the Neptune Lounge on Hal to the Concierge and Executive Lounges on Oceania.

What they don't understand is that:

A) Passengers below a Deluxe Suite on HAL have NO Lounge Benefits whatsoever

B) The Executive Lounge on Oceania -which by rights should be the equivalent of HAL's Neptune Lounge- is perforce a less elaborate affair because Oceania employs Butlers to deliver amenities to each suite, whereas HAL uses their Neptune Lounge as a sort of a central drop off point.

The first thirty times that I discussed these differences, I like to think that I was pleasant and civil, I apologize if it seemed that I was sharp with you.

We are are all Constantly learning from one another. :D

If we meet on the ships one day, I owe you a cocktail...;)

Crawling out of Mole Hole:

1) Do many suite pax use the Concierge Lounge? 2) Is it crowded often? 3) Have you taken a transatlantic and can tell me about offerings during the day, other than constantly eating? ;)

Crawling out of Mole Hole:

1) Do many suite pax use the Concierge Lounge? 2) Is it crowded often? 3) Have you taken a transatlantic and can tell me about offerings during the day, other than constantly eating? ;)

Suite passengers don't use the Concierge Lounge, because they have a lounge of their own "the Executive Lounge" up on deck 11.

Only passengers who are booked in Concierge staterooms are invited to use the Concierge Lounge.

Various refreshments (both liquid and solid) are offered in the Concierge Lounge, all around the clock.

It starts with coffee, tea and pastries, and morphs through small sandwiches, canapes, nibbles, chips and finally back to late night coffee and tea.

Bottled water, soda, and other soft drinks are stocked in large refrigerators and are replenished 24/7.

During what might be termed "business hours" a Concierge is on duty to offer guidance with whatever questions you may have, and there are several hardwired computers -some of which have printing capability.

Some Concierge passengers look at the Lounge as a quick way to replenish the amenities that they have used up in their cabin, others look to it as a social center.

As a result, the times when the lounge is busy varies by the cruise as well as by the day, however, it has been my experience that passengers make more and better use of the ships' facilities on sea days, so you may find the lounge to be better used on a Transatlantic than on another cruise where the ports are the main attraction.

Hope that this helped-

J&S

After all this discussion about concierge and executive lounges, it begs the question, other than who has access to which lounge, what if any are the differences in amenities offered in the two levels?

I've only "peeked in" at the Executive Lounge, and had access to the Concierge Lounge. As far as I can determine, the primary difference is decor -- the Concierge Lounge is crisp, light and somewhat austere (to my taste), while the Executive Lounge impressed me (in my 60 second peek) to appear richer, more like an English manor house. From the descriptions, there don't seem to be any other significant diffeences. Perhaps the Executive Lounge concierge is more senior; perhaps the goodies are more exotic; perhaps the furniture is more comfortable, but I doubt it.

With all this discussion of the lounge, I am shocked and appalled by the lack of any warning about the door opening for the lounge.

We we recently on Marina, and at our shared table in Red Ginger, each couple had a sufferer of this condition.

Yes, I know the sign says insert card and push, but the ability to absorb printed information lessens as one sails from shore.

J&S--you have redeemed yourself royally. Thank you for the lengthy explanation about the Concierge Lounge (below). I am now educated. :)

I too am curious about the difference between the Executive and the Concierge Lounges. Good question, and good Backatcha Guess from Hondorner.

And Sitraveler--I am now forewarned about the potential loss of fingers. My 'itto bitto digits' thank you. ;)

With all this discussion of the lounge, I am shocked and appalled by the lack of any warning about the door opening for the lounge.

We we recently on Marina, and at our shared table in Red Ginger, each couple had a sufferer of this condition.

Yes, I know the sign says insert card and push, but the ability to absorb printed information lessens as one sails from shore.

I never mentioned it because I know nothing about it. The door to the concierge lounge was propped open for the first 34 days of Marina's "life" while I was aboard, and the executive lounge door was open the few times I passed by.

Question--is the Concierge Club door closer to the front of the ship or the stairs?

Still visiting booking a cabin across from the CC, but do not want the door to the CC in my face as I open my cabin door. ;)

Question--is the Concierge Club door closer to the front of the ship or the stairs?

Still visiting booking a cabin across from the CC, but do not want the door to the CC in my face as I open my cabin door. ;)

The doors enter from either hallway (port or starboard) towards the aft end of the ship, across from 9024/9026 and 9037/9039.

If you look at the post where I posted 4 picures of the lounge, the last picture, which shows both doors marked with EXIT signs, was taken facing aft.

Thanks Don--you are a LIFESAVER!

One more question--is that a Laundrette next to the Concierge Lounge? If so, has anyone used it? What does it have--machines, detergent, chairs, etc.? :confused:

If so, has anyone used it? Are you kidding :rolleyes:

What does it have--machines, detergent, chairs, etc.? :confused:

They have all of those... usually a sofa & a TV

Iron & ironing boards

Archived