St. Petersburg - Neva River

It is my understanding that the bridges over the Neva River in St. Petersburg are raised around 1 AM each night during May, and that this is an event worth watching.

1. Can you view this from the Emerald Princess when it is docked in St. Petersburg?

2. With a visa from SPb, are you able to leave the ship and view this event if it is not close to the Ship.

Thanks

Marvin & Judy

do you mean you have a blanket visa through the tour company SPB?

If so then no you wont be able to leave the ship unless you are meeting their guide.

Most of the larger cruise ships dock at the pier in an Industrial area so you wouldnt be able to view St Petersburg central fron here.Some smaller ships do dock on the Neva itself but dont know whether your ship is one of them

It is my understanding that the bridges over the Neva River in St. Petersburg are raised around 1 AM each night during May, and that this is an event worth watching.

1. Can you view this from the Emerald Princess when it is docked in St. Petersburg?

2. With a visa from SPb, are you able to leave the ship and view this event if it is not close to the Ship.

Thanks

Marvin & Judy

Hi,

Definitely worth going to see this spectacle.

You cannot see the bridges from the Emerald Princess, she is docked in Marine Facade, quite a distance from the city.

You have to have an individual visa to get off the ship without an organised tour. I'm sure SPB can arrange a tour for you.

The bridge up times are as follows

Voladarsky 02:00 - 03:45 04:15 - 05:45

Finlyandsky 02:20 - 05:30

Aleksandra Nevskogo 02:20 - 05:10

B. Okhtinsky 02:00 - 05:00

Liteiny 01:40 - 04:45

Troitsky 01:35 - 04:50

Dvortsovy (palace bridge) 01:25 - 04:55

Blagoveshensky 01:25 - 02:45 03:10 - 05:00

Birzhevoy 02:00 - 04:55

Tuchkov 02:00 - 02:55 - 03:35 - 04:55

If you get your individual Russian visas, you can come and go at any time of day or night. However, you'd need a car to take you even to the nearest bridges. As far as I can remember, it takes about 15 min. to drive from the Marine Facade. We had tours with Palladium Travel and they arranged for us to see the bridges open, we didn't have visas, but we went with our guide.

Archived