Three adults per cabin

tourguide97

Is it possible that three adults can share a veranda cabin and still remain friends?

Two's company, three's a crowd.

I did it once with 2 other girl friends and vowed I would never do it again. I spent 2/3's of the cruise being in the position of peace maker. I still shudder when I think about it. Yes, I am still friends with both girlfriends, I just don't put them together in the same room.:D

There is no privacy other than escaping to the bathroom. The bed can be made up into two approx US twin size (request this ahead of time if wanted) and beside the bed separated by a small 'night stand' is a sofa with a pull out bed.

The walkway at the foot of the bed is 'one-way' at a time and if all three of you were standing in the main area of the room you'd be pretty much face to face. You would have to plan your morning and evening routines to prepare for bed.

Without moving up signifcantly in category there is no separate sleeping area on these ships. I have been looking for that but have not found separate sleeping areas without moving into fairly high level suites on most cruise lines. Even on those some are not all that private.

If booking on the R ships-try it first in a walk in closet and you'll know if you can do it or not.:D

Winner of the "Best Response to Any Question" Award! IMHO. I was going to just respond, "No," but this is far better.

Actually my Daughter and Son-in-law would be in the cabin with me.

Thanks for replying.

Tourguide

On the newer ships (Marina & Riviera) you should be fine, provided that you stay organized and agile enough to dress in the bathroom.

o-staterooms-3d-b4.jpg

On the older, smaller ships, getting around the foot of the bed can be frustrating and the REAL Problems usually revolve around privacy.

staterooms-3d-b2.jpg

Those bathrooms are small enough (and after a shower, steamy enough) so that it isn't practical to get dressed in them. This usually results in one of the three being exiled to the veranda with the curtains drawn, or a public room until the other two are dressed.

Presumably, your daughter would be fine dressing in front of you or her husband, but as that means that SHE can never be the odd man out, resentments can occur.

Sometimes, the sole male in this situation, gallantly volunteers to shower and dress in the gymnasium locker room each evening, in order to give the ladies more privacy, but on longer cruises, the lack of couple-time can still wrankle, so that is not a perfect solution either.

You know the people involved. Will there be a problem?

Once upon a time in Renaissance days, I inquired whether the owner's suite would be possible for my husband, me and my mother. I knew there was a second bathroom and thought it might work. I was advised in no uncertain terms (I forget who did the advising) that this was no a good idea. When I saw the OS, I realized that was true. The third person, even in an OS on one of the "R" ships, would be sleeping on a sofa in the living room and the second bathroom is only a half-bath.

Jim&Stan are right that it would be more feasible on Marina or Riviera, but I think three adults in one cabin is a bit of a stretch under any circumstances.

We ended up getting separate cabins. True, that's much more expensive these days than it was when we took my mother on a cruise in 2004 ... But in your situation, that is what *I* would do.

Good luck on whatever you decide.

Mura

Archived