Just curious.....care to share??

happy cruzin

Ok - so a comment on another thread got me thinking! I can't help but wonder how many "social" sites each of us maintains. Right now, for me it's three - that get my time - in no particular order:

Cruise Critic

facebook

Pinterest

Care to share yours??

Just Cruise Critic for me. (I do belong to a few Disney boards but they move sooo slooow that I rarely look at them, maybe 1-2x a month)

I don't do facebook & my daughter wanted me to try Pinterest but it seemed like I had to have a facebook to join..

Cruise Critic takes up more than enough of my time anyhow:)

Just Cruise Critic for me. (I do belong to a few Disney boards but they move sooo slooow that I rarely look at them, maybe 1-2x a month)

I don't do facebook & my daughter wanted me to try Pinterest but it seemed like I had to have a facebook to join..

Cruise Critic takes up more than enough of my time anyhow:)

I hear ya!

But you CAN join Pinterest without a fb account - just need an email address. If you have a fb account you can join though that too....but its not required ;)

Same 3 for me:

Facebook

Cruise Critic

Pinterest

I am on FB way too much playing Farmville :o and way too much on CC when I have a cruise booked!

LOL!

I don't do any games on fb....I spend more than enough time - without getting involved in any of that! ;) :D

Thanks, good to know! Maybe i'll try again!

Easiest way - if you are interested - would be to have your daughter (or anyone who is already on pinterest) to send you an "invitation" to join. You can then just accept - and enter your info!

LOTS of really cool ideas....but boy oh boy it can really suck up a lot time - if you let it! ;)

CC.com - Because I just booked a cruise First time cruiser

Cadillacowners.com - Because I have 2

Jaguarforum.com - Because I'm buying one.

NO Facebook.com - Because anyone I REALLY want to keep in contact with, has my phone number! And if you don't, then............ you get the point!:cool:

CC.com - Because I just booked a cruise First time cruiser

Cadillacowners.com - Because I have 2

Jaguarforum.com - Because I'm buying one.

NO Facebook.com - Because anyone I REALLY want to keep in contact with, has my phone number! And if you don't, then............ you get the point!:cool:

You know - I used to the say the exact same thing. Until....I got reconnected with a bunch of old friends from high school and college - who now are all over the world. Kinda cool to keep up with what they - and their families are up to.

But...I certainly understand your choice not to do fb.

Then

You know - I used to the say the exact same thing. Until....I got reconnected with a bunch of old friends from high school and college - who now are all over the world. Kinda cool to keep up with what they - and their families are up to.

This was my main reason, now its because of my job. They will not allow employees to have one do to safety and security reasons.

I pretty much only keep I touch with friends of known since Kindergarten, new ones come and go. If the only way you're willing to keep I touch with me is The Facebook:rolleyes: then dont keep in contact with me! C'est la vie!

Pulse everywhere you go ppl are on The Facebook, they are obsessed with it Facebook this Facebook that blah blah blah.

Sorry nothing against the non obsessed Facebook useres!

Ugh, I'm in the process of trying to publish a novel so my online life is out of control, putting myself out there blah blah blah. I have:

Facebook

Twitter

Personal blog

Travel blog

Linked In

Cruise Critic (though I'm sporadic over here, I really only frequent when I'm close to a cruise sail date)

Pinterest

...and the sad thing is I still feel like I'm forgetting some others. sigh.

Ugh, I'm in the process of trying to publish a novel so my online life is out of control, putting myself out there blah blah blah. I have:

Facebook

Twitter

Personal blog

Travel blog

Linked In

Cruise Critic (though I'm sporadic over here, I really only frequent when I'm close to a cruise sail date)

Pinterest

...and the sad thing is I still feel like I'm forgetting some others. sigh.

Ahh...the first mention of those! It is amazing all of the ones out there - when you really stop and think about it.

Umm...

Facebook

Instagram

Pinterest

Etsy

Linked In

Google +

StumbleUpon

Twitter (mostly passive)

CC

The Knot (wedding planning)

A coast guard spouse community

Haha what can I say, my career is in social media, so I gotta stay up on trends! :D

What is pinterest?

It's a bulletin board type of site where people can post pictures crafts (sometimes with do-it-yourself instructions), clothing, recipes, anything interesting. Other users can re-pin it for future reference. You can have different boards for different interests, like I have one for wedding decorations and another for home decor type stuff. It's interesting! ;)

What is pinterest?

It was just named the 3rd largest social site - according to this article on cnn.com http://www.cnn.com/2012/04/06/tech/social-media/pinterest-third-social-network/index.html

Basically it is a virtual bulletin board - where you "pin" things of "interest" that you like. "Friends" can follow your boards and you can follow theirs.

Same here. Used to say I didn't have time for FB then I tried it out and found a bunch of friends from HS. One living only an hour away from me. I love it now because I can keep up on happenings back home where all the family is. Don't play any games on FB. Don't want to get any more hooked than I already am.

Hooked on FB and CC.

It's a bulletin board type of site where people can post pictures crafts (sometimes with do-it-yourself instructions), clothing, recipes, anything interesting. Other users can re-pin it for future reference. You can have different boards for different interests, like I have one for wedding decorations and another for home decor type stuff. It's interesting! ;)

Agreed! I am not crafty enough to come up with the idea - most of the time - but even I can follow directions, when someone else puts it out there.

Lots of good ideas - many I look at and say, "Duh, why did I think of that?!?!?!' ;) :D

Archived