Disney Transfers on the Gem

ilovewdw

We are set to sail the Gem on 7/28/12. I would like to go to WDW for the day and considered renting a car for the day. It would probably cost me $75 max for the day and if I bought the transfers from NCL, it's about $65 per person. There are 5 of us...that's over $300!!

What would you do? Suck it up and plan to wait in long lines for the rental car shuttle to the rental car site, then wait for a car and the same thing on the way back? Or is it worth nearly $250 to take NCL transfers?

That's a lot of money to spend just to stand in a few lines before you have to be back on the ship. Figure approx. 1 hour per ride .... we were there mid-week one November and we did 6 rides, ate dinner and saw a 'show' before the park closed. (We were there at 10 a.m.)

Oh boy! We've been to WDW many times, and I would not pay that amount of money for tranport and tickets for just a few hours:(

You won't have the time to see ¼ of what theres to see.

Kennedy Space Center is near and a great option ;) But it's not Mickey Mouse;)

Not certain what others are talking about with regards to traffic. Beeline highway is a "straight shot" and is 4 (or maybe even 6) lanes so even if an accident were to occur, getting routed around it should be no issue.

You can rent a car for about a 5th of the $300 fee and be at your own schedule instead of trying to make it so a bus. Now, I have ridden the Disney bus from WDW to the port as part of a Disney cruise and the ride was nice and fairly quick so it is a good option but the cost vs. rental would be a "no-brainer" for me. Rent the car.

Take ponco's with you for the day as they would allow you to keep going through the park when everyone else is hiding under shelter.

Not certain what others are talking about with regards to traffic. Beeline highway is a "straight shot" and is 4 (or maybe even 6) lanes so even if an accident were to occur, getting routed around it should be no issue.

You can rent a car for about a 5th of the $300 fee and be at your own schedule instead of trying to make it so a bus. Now, I have ridden the Disney bus from WDW to the port as part of a Disney cruise and the ride was nice and fairly quick so it is a good option but the cost vs. rental would be a "no-brainer" for me. Rent the car.

Take ponco's with you for the day as they would allow you to keep going through the park when everyone else is hiding under shelter.

That's one WIDEEEEE signature.:eek:

Bill

Archived