Allure - Rita's Cantina Summary Feedback

Our experience was ok. (mixed)

There is indeed good value with the drinks (alcoholic or non-alcoholic)

They make an extra effort to make party component fun but it also depends on specific guests present.

Food was not that great (basically in line with previous reviews here)

One warning: If you are vegetetrian, recomment NOT signing up for this event (irrespective what assurances they give you). They basically bring tastless Indian food from MDR down to Rita's!! (go figure)

Also, we were told that in near future Allure's Rita's cantina will close down and will be replaced by a Margaritaville.

(above was based on our experience, YMMV)

I love mexican food, we eat it at least once a wk, what restaurant can you compare it to, taco bell, etc thanks

so do you think we should skip it, we don't drink, do they just have various hrs. when you can drop in?

Well... it certainly looks like the staff at Rita's is still going strong with making the announcement about chaning to Margaritaville :rolleyes:

What sailing were you on? There was a previous thread that mentioned the staff were telling the guests the change would take place in a "year or so". Did they give you a similar timeframe?

what is the cost.

The fiesta evening is $20pp which includes 3 Margaritas..

On 3 nights they do "Fiesta".

It includes set party style menu and 3 drinks.

(Non-alcoholic version cost $10pp and alcoholic version cost $20pp)

On other times, it is a $3 cover charge restaurant with pricing off menu.

In general reviews on CC about this place has been

a) great value for drinks portion during fiesta

b) not so great food during fiesta (beawre, although they claim they can serve vegeterian option, they actually served us horrible tasteless Indian food at fiesta!!)

c) some folks here on CC were satis fied about visiting Rita during non-fiesta time as it is almost empty and you know what you are getting as you can order off menu.

Annoucement about Rita being replaced was made towards the end of the fiesta on Allure last week (it seems from postings here that annoucement was repeated at every fiesta party) I didnt catch the timeframe if it was mentioned.

thnx

I never did the fiesta because as a vegan I knew I'd be in trouble but I will say I had great experiences at Rita's at non fiesta times with them having many sides that were vegan friendly that were a nice change from other options around the ship all week. It is good to know though they can't be flexible during fiesta with food requests as I watched it from our boardwalk balcony and thought it looked like fun!

I actually did the Ritas Cantina Fiesta last september while on the Allure and I had a fabulous time. The food was great... ambiance really fun. Then again, I guess it does depend on your taste, and the guests. ;):D

Archived