Seven Seas Society Discounts

On our second Regent cruise we got a nice Seven Seas Discount and on our third -- November 9, 2012 Mariner cruise we also received one. Our TA just booked one for September 2013 on Mariner in Western Mediterranean (very popular), but no Seven Seas discount. I checked online and noticed it was not listed as a cruise that grants a Seven Seas Discount. Does anyone know if they institute a discount a year from now for that cruise, am I eligible to receive it and if so is it automatic?:) Thanks

I've never seen them instituting a past passenger discount as the date gets closer, but I dont see why you wouldn't qualify for it if it happens.

Its my understanding that , for example, Regent reprices your booking if they decide to lower fares after you've booked, so I think the same would apply here.

I believe not all cruises grant a Seven Seas Mariner discount. We booked the Beijing to Thailand March 2013 cruise and were told there was no Seven Seas Mariner discount on that one. We did have the discount last year on a different cruise. I was a little bit upset over this but we wanted this cruise. If anyone knows anything different, please let us know.

You are correct. Not all Regent cruises offer society savings. Here's a list of the cruises offering society savings: http://www.rssc.com/specials/details.aspx?SpecialId=58551bba-fe12-42a5-9cea-f2ccb3f5dd8a.

I had seen the list and recognized there would not be a discount today, but it is 16 months away. My question is whether Regent might put in the discount a year from now if cruise was not selling out and if so am I eligible? I would guess not, since I booked this year.

I had seen the list and recognized there would not be a discount today, but it is 16 months away. My question is whether Regent might put in the discount a year from now if cruise was not selling out and if so am I eligible? I would guess not, since I booked this year.

I am an observer of pricing.

What you suggest is not typical for Regent.

Rather than put a SSS discount on a cruise at a later date, Regent would more likely put in other "sweeteners". Recent examples include a offering a 2-3 day precruise excursion complimentary or reduce the upcharge for business class air (at $699 instead of $999).

Like other luxury brands, pricing figures into the "value stick" and they would rather include extras at a discount or even a loss than reduce the cruise fare past a certain point - why luxury hotel brands will include valet parking or breakfast in the rate before lowering the rate "too much".

Since I personally have not seen precedent for a late add SSS discount, I cannot comment on the requirements for new bookings or application to prior bookings.

Archived