Shuttles from Miami to port

Krittie67

Hello all, I know there is a lot of information regarding shuttles but I can not find any information on actual shuttle companies and prices. Has anyone used Super Shuttle? The Hilton has suggested them. Called and got a qoute for $50 for 6 people which seem reasonable. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

taxi from Miami International to the port is a flat rate charge, which I believe is now $21 (was 20 last time I cruise in Jan) ...plus tip. That's per CAR. Some taxis are vans, I'm not sure if they charge more....but honestly, I don't think so. You just need to ask for a van at the taxi stand. But don't expect to get 6 folks in ... I'd plan on needing two...and depending on how much luggage you have. Actually the dispatcher has usually requested a van if he had a group with extra luggage.

Super Shuttle, who's rate you can confirm on their web page, is per person. You can end up paying more with super shuttle....boy did I feel dumb when I figured this out after several super shuttle episodes.

So 50 for super shuttle or two taxi at 21 each... and they both 'appreciate' a tip. call the taxi 25 incl' and it sounds like a better deal

p.s. - the ride is not long. and since it is flat rate the driver is in a hurry with no reason to try and take a long route to run up the meter.:cool:

Hello all, I know there is a lot of information regarding shuttles but I can not find any information on actual shuttle companies and prices. Has anyone used Super Shuttle? The Hilton has suggested them. Called and got a qoute for $50 for 6 people which seem reasonable. Any other suggestions would be helpful. Thank you

100.00 round trip for 6 people is a bit much. Its a 20 minute ride fromt he airport to the pier. Find a van/taxi for 21 bucks- 42 plus tip round trip-- way cheaper then the shuttle.

Thank you all for your information. Its was getting to be a bit overwhelming - picking a hotel, transportation, getting very excited .... so its very helpful to have you guys and this board. This is only my second cruise and my first one from Miami.

We are actually staying at the Hilton by the airport - I will call them see about a taxi/van to the airport. Thanks again for all your help.

Archived