• 4-6 months
    • 7-12 months
    • 1-2 years
    • 2-3 years
    • 3-5 years
    • more than 5 years
    • have never been on a cruise

Four years almost to the day.

We never really thought we'd be able to do it again, although we made each other the usual promises. Then our circumstances changed.

Now, it's one week today (well, it's Friday evening here) until we leave on the Statendam. We're going with our friends, this time. But somehow, alhtough that's important and we love them dearly, it isan't our "raison d'etre" .. well, not mine anyway.

This is going to sound silly, but ... I just want to stand out on that stern deck by myself as the sun sinks ... or rises -- just for a minute or two -- and say "Hello, I said I'd be back" to ... whoever ... the land, the snow, the Earth, God, I just don't know.

What I do know is that it is, for me, a spiritual experience. And sorry, RevNeal, but I'll stick with "spiritual" rather than "religious".

It has changed my life ... quite simply.

And do you think I can hardly wait? ........ :D

Bruce

It will be 8 months for me and over 2 years for my husband. My sister and I were able to cruise last Sept. 04 and Hurricane Jeanne took us for a ride but we had a great time anyway. The Caribbean Princess took good care of us and instead of a 7 day cruise, it turned into a 9 day cruise. A little rocky on one day but the rest were smooth sailing.

It will be 8 months for me and over 2 years for my husband. My sister and I were able to cruise last Sept. 04 and Hurricane Jeanne took us for a ride but we had a great time anyway. The Caribbean Princess took good care of us and instead of a 7 day cruise, it turned into a 9 day cruise. A little rocky on one day but the rest were smooth sailing.

Just curious - would you sail during hurricane season again?

• 3 weeks later...

It's been less than a month ... and already I'm dying to go again.

Sadly, I've got a bit of a wait, though ... seven more months to be exact. :(

Ahhhh, to be rich and retired ... now that would be the life!

Blue skies ...

--rita

February of this year on Rotterdam out of FLL - had a great time as usual

My sister and I were able to cruise last Sept. 04 and Hurricane Jeanne took us for a ride but we had a great time anyway.

More power to you and your sister for still having a great time during Hurricane Jeanne, Dbacksfan ! We were on Veendam in 97 when Huricane Pauline struck Acapulco. Captain Mercer did a great job getting us out of there in defiance of the Mexican authorities and we had the ride of our lives

Take care and be safe!

John

Opps, I goofed earlier. Didn't read the question. While my last cruise was on the OOSTERDAM, my first Hal Cruise was in November 1996 on the old NIEUW

AMSTERDAM out of New Orleans to the Western Caribbean

• 2 weeks later...
Guest enjoycruises

My last cruise was over just this past Sunday.:( Sailing to Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas was great.:D

Sailing to Alaska on the Serenade of the Seas was great. :D

Yay Serenade !!!

Did you get to go into the Misty Fjords?

Did you see a bear and an eagle back in there?

Were there thousands of waterfalls ?

Of our Serenade/Alaska cruise, I miss the Misty Fjords the most. Absolutely stunning !!

Guest enjoycruises

Dinner was being served as we went through the Misty Fjords. The weather was very clear and sunny and those around us (and us) did not think of it as being very special. We enjoyed our rental car going up to Emerald Lake from Skagway so much more! There werre many waterfalls along this path.

As for seeing bears and eagles.....the only time we saw a bear was in Vancouver on the Mt roberts Tram and the eagles we saw in Juneau and Ketchiken.

Overall, we had the BEST time on this trip.:D

Archived