Question Re: Guarantee Room

donh1

I usually agree with caribill, however, this was not true for me during the spring sale recently.

My TA asked me to call Princess. They offered me an upgrade.

It is worth asking.:)

I booked through a TA and have gotten mixed success. Sometimes when I call Princess they would assist me, and at other times, they would ask me to go through my TA. Maybe it depends on the CSR that you happen to get.

I also have a blank status for a cruise I booked a month ago. Sailing is in 60 days, and when I try to phantom book on-line, the cruise is sold out. I'm wondering what is keeping the computer from assigning the guarantees? :confused:

Next time you book a cruise, may I suggest you pick your cabin? That way, you know what it is, and there will be no stress. Guarantees have worked well for us in the past, but now my husband loves the Plaza deck cabins, even if we have to do without a balcony, because of the location. In any event, we have been happy with all of the cabin assignments given to us.

Good luck and please let us know what you get, if you haven't already.. Have a fantastic cruise!

Thanks for your suggestion. I believe I posted that this is my first time NOT to choose my cabin due to the fact that the cruise was fully booked in a month. I had NO choice but to do this but will take your suggestion for future cruises and book a cabin I want....gee, I never thought to do that!:rolleyes:

I don't have "confirmed" under status either.

"guar" doesn't show there, but the category "mini suite/suite" shows.

dining time says "confirmed".

still waiting for cabin assignment. sail in 21 days.

I'm in Canada.

That is exactly what I have on mine. Thanks

Next time you book a cruise, may I suggest you pick your cabin? That way, you know what it is, and there will be no stress.

The problem with your suggestion is that Princess only sells Guarantees in certain categories. Booking through Princess directly, the Rep stated she was unable to over ride the Guarantee only. I have a Guarantee Deluxe Balcony on the Royal Trans-Atlantic in October, 2013 and many of the categories were sold as Guarantee only. I booked on the first day and hour March 15 at 11:00 AM EST. And, the ship is now essentially sold out for that cruise.:)

We have a Balcony guarantee for our honeymoon in August on Ruby Princess. We were originally upgraded to an AB mini suite, but then yesterday we rebooked through our agent and got the sale price for the balcony (2K savings), but we lost our AB mini suite upgrade :(. My travel agent said she would try and get us the upgrade again...Does it ever work to call Princess yourself for the upgrade, or does the travel agent have the best chance to you your upgrade? That AB mini suite looked really good!

Thanks for all the help.

Your travel agent should have made your choices clear to you. And that choice was either staying where you are with a nice AB mini or dropping back into the Guarantee pool for a low balcony priced cabin. The 2k savings was your choice, and I doubt the TA would be able to get a mini-suite upgrade. More likely you will have a BC/BD class cabin assignment.

We are in the same boat (ship?) for the 49 day. We have a cabin for the last segment but are guarantee on the first 32 days. i am already a nervous wreck and I know we have months to wait. Have never done this before but this cruise was sold out last April!!

Good luck to all of us waiting on any cruise!!

So are we but as we booked as 3 cruises we have the first and last segment assigned but nothing in the middle I hope we can stay in either one for at least 2 segments as it is a bother to change cabins

Archived