Question Re: Guarantee Room

donh1

When you book a guarantee room does it show guarantee anywhere on the cruise personalizer or does it simply show. No room number and I (interior).

It does not show the specific word "guarantee" but under status it will say "confirmed".

Yes, an unassigned guarantee shows in your cruise personalizer as only the guarantee category without a cabin number in the stateroom space so that space is blank or empty. Once the guarantee has been assigned a cabin it's number will show as the stateroom along with it's actual category.

We are lkeaving on a cruise on the GOlden Wed,which we booked 6 months ago, and still have not been assigned a room.They say we will have to have one by tomorrow at 6:00p.m .Keeping us in suspense.Hope to find out today.So this just shows it can show up anytime till the day before sailing.First time this has happened to us,and I don't liek the suspense.

We are lkeaving on a cruise on the GOlden Wed,which we booked 6 months ago, and still have not been assigned a room.They say we will have to have one by tomorrow at 6:00p.m .Keeping us in suspense.Hope to find out today.So this just shows it can show up anytime till the day before sailing.First time this has happened to us,and I don't liek the suspense.

Hope you get a great cabin assignment..... let me know. Our guarantee is for a 49 day cruise on the Grand this January and I am not too optimistic that there will be any free upgrades. It's sold out and there is a 700 plus waiting list for cabins.

Hope you get a great cabin assignment..... let me know. Our guarantee is for a 49 day cruise on the Grand this January and I am not too optimistic that there will be any free upgrades. It's sold out and there is a 700 plus waiting list for cabins.

We are in the same boat (ship?) for the 49 day. We have a cabin for the last segment but are guarantee on the first 32 days. i am already a nervous wreck and I know we have months to wait. Have never done this before but this cruise was sold out last April!!

Good luck to all of us waiting on any cruise!!

We are in the same boat (ship?) for the 49 day. We have a cabin for the last segment but are guarantee on the first 32 days. i am already a nervous wreck and I know we have months to wait. Have never done this before but this cruise was sold out last April!!

Good luck to all of us waiting on any cruise!!

Having a guarantee should not cause the amount of stress you express. The worst that can happen is you get the same class of cabin as your guarantee. You may get a move over offer which you can decline.

Having a guarantee should not cause the amount of stress you express. The worst that can happen is you get the same class of cabin as your guarantee. You may get a move over offer which you can decline.

I am sure you are right but I am a strange bird...organization is my middle name to the point of misery. But, I really was over-stating my concern. I have finally been convinced that "guarantee" does mean I will have a cabin. My biggest worry is that they will give me a cabin that they think is better than the one I booked. I want the class I booked. :)

It does not show the specific word "guarantee" but under status it will say "confirmed".

My personalizer only says my cabin category selection. There is nothing under "status" except for my dining status which says confirmed. I have a booking confirmation and they took my FCC. My printed booking says "guar" with my cabin selection.

My personalizer only says my cabin category selection. There is nothing under "status" except for my dining status which says confirmed. I have a booking confirmation and they took my FCC. My printed booking says "guar" with my cabin selection.

On the top right of your personalizer's summary of your booking which is to the right of the Destination entry you should have the heading Status which should be followed by the notation confirmed if it is a confirmed booking. The Dining Status heading is six below this cruise status entry.

I am sure you are right but I am a strange bird...organization is my middle name to the point of misery. But, I really was over-stating my concern. I have finally been convinced that "guarantee" does mean I will have a cabin. My biggest worry is that they will give me a cabin that they think is better than the one I booked. I want the class I booked. :)
A guarantee really does mean you will have a cabin at "at least" the category you booked.

However statistics indicate you are most likely to get a cabin in your category, based on number of cabins in that category. However you could get a "better" category.

On the top right of your personalizer's summary of your booking which is to the right of the Destination entry you should have the heading Status which should be followed by the notation confirmed if it is a confirmed booking. The Dining Status heading is six below this cruise status entry.

That info is not on my personalizer. Might that be because I used a TA? No where on my personalizer does it say "Guar" but it is on the printed booking she gave me. I do know she has access to much different info than I do. I have not been worried about the idea that I would not have a cabin until the last couple of hours.:confused:

That info is not on my personalizer. Might that be because I used a TA? No where on my personalizer does it say "Guar" but it is on the printed booking she gave me. I do know she has access to much different info than I do. I have not been worried about the idea that I would not have a cabin until the last couple of hours.:confused:

That is unusual. Our CB TA that we embark on Sunday was booked directly with Princess since we went with the cheapest inside guarantee so there was only $32 OBC possible from the agency I typically use.

A few days later we decided to also do the following Bristish Isles cruise in a higher cabin class so the higher cost made it worth while to book with our TA as they offered a nice OBC.

Both bookings have exactly the same headings in the Summary of the Booking with the Status listed as confirmed on both.

On the top right of your personalizer's summary of your booking which is to the right of the Destination entry you should have the heading Status which should be followed by the notation confirmed if it is a confirmed booking.

That info is not on my personalizer.

When I have a gty booking, I also do not see "confirmed" under status. That is a blank until I have a cabin assigned.

Maybe it displays differently in Canada than in the USA.

Next time you book a cruise, may I suggest you pick your cabin? That way, you know what it is, and there will be no stress. Guarantees have worked well for us in the past, but now my husband loves the Plaza deck cabins, even if we have to do without a balcony, because of the location. In any event, we have been happy with all of the cabin assignments given to us.

Good luck and please let us know what you get, if you haven't already.. Have a fantastic cruise!

When I have a gty booking, I also do not see "confirmed" under status. That is a blank until I have a cabin assigned.

Maybe it displays differently in Canada than in the USA.

I don't have "confirmed" under status either.

"guar" doesn't show there, but the category "mini suite/suite" shows.

dining time says "confirmed".

still waiting for cabin assignment. sail in 21 days.

I'm in Canada.

We have a Balcony guarantee for our honeymoon in August on Ruby Princess. We were originally upgraded to an AB mini suite, but then yesterday we rebooked through our agent and got the sale price for the balcony (2K savings), but we lost our AB mini suite upgrade :(. My travel agent said she would try and get us the upgrade again...Does it ever work to call Princess yourself for the upgrade, or does the travel agent have the best chance to you your upgrade? That AB mini suite looked really good!

Thanks for all the help.

We have a Balcony guarantee for our honeymoon in August on Ruby Princess. We were originally upgraded to an AB mini suite, but then yesterday we rebooked through our agent and got the sale price for the balcony (2K savings), but we lost our AB mini suite upgrade :(. My travel agent said she would try and get us the upgrade again...Does it ever work to call Princess yourself for the upgrade, or does the travel agent have the best chance to you your upgrade? That AB mini suite looked really good!

Thanks for all the help.

I would be surprised if you got upgraded to a Mini Suite again. There are many balcony cabins on the ship. The original upgrade was based on the price you paid for the original guarantee. Since your price was lowered due to re booking for a special sale, I would be very surprised if you got an upgrade that large again. The balcony guarantee is for a BG. Good news its there are only 4 BG cabins on the ship, so it is likely that you will get an upgrade to a higher rated balcony.

We My travel agent said she would try and get us the upgrade again...Does it ever work to call Princess yourself for the upgrade, or does the travel agent have the best chance to you your upgrade? That AB mini suite looked really good!

o Since you booked through a travel agent, Princess will only talk to the travel agent, not to you, about the booking.

o Even if you had booked directly with Princess, calling to talk about a free upgrade will never get you one.

o Since you booked through a travel agent, Princess will only talk to the travel agent, not to you, about the booking.

o Even if you had booked directly with Princess, calling to talk about a free upgrade will never get you one.

I usually agree with caribill, however, this was not true for me during the spring sale recently.

My TA asked me to call Princess. They offered me an upgrade.

It is worth asking.:)

Archived