Will I have time for lunch?

youngestof9

We'll be disembarking the Epic (Miami) and don't have a flight from MIA until 3:35. Our plan was to use NCL's BAGS program to send our bags to the airport and go somewhere for lunch - hoping to maybe go to South Beach? We've been to the downtown area so I don't want to go there, but I don't know anything about how far things are. So is it feasible to grab a cab from the port to South Beach and grab lunch? Any suggestions for nice outdoor dining? We'll have 2 kids with us. What time do you think we'd need to head back to the airport? Is this feasible? dumb?

I feel lost not knowing how far anything is in the area.

Thanks!

We'll be disembarking the Epic (Miami) and don't have a flight from MIA until 3:35. Our plan was to use NCL's BAGS program to send our bags to the airport and go somewhere for lunch - hoping to maybe go to South Beach? We've been to the downtown area so I don't want to go there, but I don't know anything about how far things are. So is it feasible to grab a cab from the port to South Beach and grab lunch? Any suggestions for nice outdoor dining? We'll have 2 kids with us. What time do you think we'd need to head back to the airport? Is this feasible? dumb?

I feel lost not knowing how far anything is in the area.

Thanks!

Take a cab to Lincoln Road pedestrian mall which is an area with lots of places to eat. Ride should be no more than 20 minutes depending on traffic. By 1:30 I'd be headed for the airport.

http://www.lincolnroad.org/

Taxi from POM to SB will cost about $15-20; cab from SB to MIA airport will cost about $32+tip.

You should be off the ship by 9:00-9:30 and the cab ride to SB takes only about 15 minutes or less. You'll have lots of time for shopping, lunch and people watching before heading to MIA. Good luck! :)

I personally would want to be back at the airport by 2:00 at the latest. With kids, security lines and lots of cruisers leaving at about the same time, you want to be prepared for lines. Nothing worse than having added stress when traveling with kids, imo.

If you get off the ship by 8:30-9 and head to Lincoln Road or Ocean Drive you'll have time to stroll and eat around noon and head to the airport by 1:15. Well, that's the time schedule I'd use. Once you're checked in, then you can roam the airport's stores to keep your kids occupied.

thanks all for the information. I bookmarked the site for Lincoln Road area. Do you think there would be any problem getting a cab to the airport from that area? Thanks!

No - lots of cabs or just ask the place you have lunch at to call one for you. Good luck!

thank you guys!

Lincoln Road is a pedestrian area and cars aren't allowed. Just go to the end of the street toward Collins Ave to find a cab. Usually they are all over the place.

Restaurants have menus posted outside so you can look them over and decide what you want to eat for lunch.

Lincoln Road is a pedestrian area and cars aren't allowed. Just go to the end of the street toward Collins Ave to find a cab. Usually they are all over the place.

Restaurants have menus posted outside so you can look them over and decide what you want to eat for lunch.

awesome!

Archived