Shore excursion recommedations--traveling w/2 and 4 year old--???

CeleBrat

Hello--New here!

We are heading to a cruise on the NCL Star (Juneau, Skagway, Ketchikan, Victoria) at the end of May, and were wondering what sort of recommendations anyone has for traveling with a 2 and 4 year old? DH will be with me, and we have TWO adjoining balcony cabins. WooHoo!

Any recommendations for shore excursions? We were thinking about whale watching and possibly taking the White Pass RR.

We have cruised many times with the kids in the Caribbean so we are cruise-saavy, but are just looking for some Alaska-specific info.

Thanks!

Frankly with a 2 year old, I wouldn't book tours of over an hour perhaps? Just so unpredictable at that age and no way "out" of your choices. If you do continue to go, I would be well prepared with activities for both kids- double what you think you will need. Whale watching probably will have little interest for the kids, just not Sea World. :)

Thanks for the tips. I LOVE both the Bug World and Miniature World links. Great suggestions.

Also--thanks for the tip about length of excursion. We had been considering only doing 1-2 excursions total for the whole week, as our 2 year old can be unpredicatable!

Thanks!

Archived