Restaurants speed for Dinner - Marina

kywhiskey

I am interested in knowing what restaurants serve the quickest for dinner on Marina as we sometimes after a busy day in port just want to eat a quick dinner and not participate in 2 hour long meals. Is The Terrace Cafe a Buffet for dinner? How long does dinner take in the main dinning room and specialty restaurants? Thanks!

The Terrace Cafe, a.k.a Tapas on the Terrace at night, is a perfect place for what you want. Yes, it is a buffet but the staff serve the portions. On the O-class ships (Marina & Riviera) they have a steak/chops/seafood grill station that is excellent and fast. On some sailings 'Terrace' is very popular, others not so much.

The Terrace is the quickest place to eat if you are in a hurry

It is no longer called "Tapas on the Terrace" in the evenings there was an announcement a few months back

The GDR can sometimes be slower paced but if you take a table for 2 you tell the waiter you are in a hurry & they will bring the courses quicker

I think the dining venues are more relaxed dining...some people like to linger & enjoy the food

Do not forget room service if you just do not have the energy to make to the dining venues;)

Enjoy

I am interested in knowing what restaurants serve the quickest for dinner on Marina as we sometimes after a busy day in port just want to eat a quick dinner and not participate in 2 hour long meals. Is The Terrace Cafe a Buffet for dinner? How long does dinner take in the main dinning room and specialty restaurants? Thanks!

Enlist your waiter's help. Some food choices can be served faster than others. Ask for his/her recommendations.

I don't know that this advice applies to entree choices, but you can certainly make a full and lovely meal of multiple appetizers and that will speed up your meal.

We love the terrace grill on the Marina, soon to be joined by the Riviera.

Great food, fantastic selection and if speed is the goal, cannot be matched at the other venues.

R class ships don't have the same choices, but the "buffet" is not what you think.

R class ships don't have the same choices, but the "buffet" is not what you think.

Agree, the Terrace Cafe on Nautica was downright elegant as compared to other cruise "buffets". The grill station would have been a nice option to have. I recall prepare-to-order dishes, such as pasta with your choice of sauce/accompaniments and a stir fry with lots of choices (or was that at lunch?). Likely others too, just don't recall specifics right now.

Our butler mentioned that many of the GDR entrees were offered in the Terrace Cafe in smaller portions. I think that applied to the special offerings each night from the GDR and may have included standard menu items as well. We ate at Terrace Cafe several nights & were very pleased with the quality of food, the service and the ability to set our own pace.

I recall prepare-to-order dishes, such as pasta with your choice of sauce/accompaniments and a stir fry with lots of choices (or was that at lunch?). Likely others too, just don't recall specifics right now.

You can get them at dinner

DH often gets the made to order pasta dishes

The dishes are the same as the GDR (some exceptions) plus they have the carvery usually with a different item each night

If the meat is on the rare side & you like it more well done they will take your portion & cook it more in the kitchen ...just ask;)

Lyn

Archived