How Carnival (or any cruise line) could easily patrol chogs

Bryanhoop

The following plan would only take one attendant:

It would require laminated placards that say "Are You Here?" It would also require boxes for people returning to their chairs to place the placard in.

If a chair is empty but "saved" (with a towel or other personal belongings) the attendant would clip the placard on the chair to mark it. He or she could walk around the decks and do this for each saved chair. After 30 minutes, the attendant would make the second round. If there are any placards that still say "Are You Here?" the personal items would be moved to the end of the row. If someone came back to the chair and planned to hang around for a while, he or she would simply place the placard into one of the return boxes.

This would ensure at the very least that individuals or groups would have to visit their chairs once every 30 minutes as well as the peace of mind that their chair would be safe if they followed this rule (no stealers). It would also give people waiting for chairs a sense of how many might open up within the next 30 minutes.

The AIS (A$$ In Seat) method also works. If there is no AIS, then I'll put my AIS and hold the chair for the previous AIS for up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the legality of my AIS overrides the previous AIS, and I can stay put - until my A is no longer IS...

The following plan would only take one attendant:

It would require laminated placards that say "Are You Here?" It would also require boxes for people returning to their chairs to place the placard in.

If a chair is empty but "saved" (with a towel or other personal belongings) the attendant would clip the placard on the chair to mark it. He or she could walk around the decks and do this for each saved chair. After 30 minutes, the attendant would make the second round. If there are any placards that still say "Are You Here?" the personal items would be moved to the end of the row. If someone came back to the chair and planned to hang around for a while, he or she would simply place the placard into one of the return boxes.

This would ensure at the very least that individuals or groups would have to visit their chairs once every 30 minutes as well as the peace of mind that their chair would be safe if they followed this rule (no stealers). It would also give people waiting for chairs a sense of how many might open up within the next 30 minutes.

I don't see at all how 1 person could do that...first off, many ships have more than 1 pool so you would need multiple right there...then you have the issue of not everyone returning at leaving at the same area at the same time...so if he starts on chair 1 and gets to chair 87 but 17 comes back and then leaves again then he has to start over with chair 17...

Good concept, but not that simple...a time stamped sticker machine is all it takes...they walk around to the empty chairs, if they or you find an empty chair they either take the stuff or you can turn it into the towel hut...the time stamp will ensure there were no errors and you can keep the sticker on their towel so they can't dispute the time. I do, however feel you need more than 1 person per pool, this will not be a happy job when they get yelled at all the time...plus they can use them to keep the diapers out of the pool and the people from doing cannonballs...

The AIS (A$$ In Seat) method also works. If there is no AIS, then I'll put my AIS and hold the chair for the previous AIS for up to 30 minutes. After 30 minutes, the legality of my AIS overrides the previous AIS, and I can stay put - until my A is no longer IS...

That is the best answer to all the chog thread i have see yet :D

Agreeance with crazy assuming reference to lyn.net's response. AIS works every time.

n5_5100_tds.jpg

And some stickers...

!CCLN,VgBGk~$(KGrHqN,!g8E0fiL7cPGBNKTm!yZMg~~_35.JPG

Instead of Aloha...it should read:

This chair is available at or after the time on this sticker.

Please alert a pool attendant to have the items removed or kindly remove the items along with this sticker and bring them to the towel desk.

You keep the time clock set for 30 minutes ahead of ship time, it gets placed on an empty chair and voila...

A few hundred dollars for each machine(which are portable so can be carried) and some stickers...

Also, to really teach them, they should get charged a $1 fee for having to remove the items...this will cover the cost of the employee, the machine and the stickers...

I have an easy and simple way. I have light sensitivities and have these stickers that change color when I've been in the sun for around 30 mins as a reminder to get in the shade.

In the morning you have some CCL workers put stickers on the chairs. When people come they take the stickers off the chairs. During the day the if the workers see empty chairs being held they place a sticker on the chair. Once the color changes that will mean it's been in the sun for 30 minutes then they can remove the items. It will be simple and easy to understand cause my stickers go from orange to blue.

Blue sticker means free to use.

I have an easy and simple way. I have light sensitivities and have these stickers that change color when I've been in the sun for around 30 mins as a reminder to get in the shade.

In the morning you have some CCL workers put stickers on the chairs. When people come they take the stickers off the chairs. During the day the if the workers see empty chairs being held they place a sticker on the chair. Once the color changes that will mean it's been in the sun for 30 minutes then they can remove the items. It will be simple and easy to understand cause my stickers go from orange to blue.

nah. the sunning towels will keep them from changing color.

What if there is no sun?

I don't see at all how 1 person could do that...first off, many ships have more than 1 pool so you would need multiple right there...then you have the issue of not everyone returning at leaving at the same area at the same time...so if he starts on chair 1 and gets to chair 87 but 17 comes back and then leaves again then he has to start over with chair 17...

He wouldn't need to go back at all. It wouldn't take more than 30 minutes to do a full round on the ship (it would be very fast to attach the placard and empty the boxes). If someone comes back at chair 17 and returns the placard and then leaves, he would just remark the chair in the next round after 30 minutes. Obviously some people would get a little extra "bonus" time, but no one would have their things removed before 30 minutes.

This is what we do. Sit on the chair for awhile, swim, walk the deck to dry off the swimsuits and do that later on in the day a few times or go for lunch. People with chairs around us might think we are chairhogs as they might not have seen us sitting there before.

why not sign out chairs like you do towels on deck? Someone can walk around at certain intervals and note if someone is at a chair or not...if not, go back in 30 mins and see if they are there or if stuff was moved?

My vote is for the A$$ in Seat method!

If no A$$ in the chair, it is available.

If you leave, oh well, find another chair when you come back.

If just a quick bathroom, have companion or neighbor "save".

People who go for more than a couple minutes, lunch etc...find a new chair.

Simple, simple, simple.

Archived