Suite Guarantee Oasis, can't decide!

I currently have a mid-hump JS on deck 11. Today I see a suite guarantee for nearly $300 pp less than my current booking. I realize I will probably not get better than a JS. But is there really any compelling reason that I should keep my prime location? Or should I save the money and take pot luck? Would ending up on deck six be a lot worse than being on deck 11 for example? All JS are in the middle of the ship, on or near the hump. I have never taken a guarantee cabin before.

I currently have a mid-hump JS on deck 11. Today I see a suite guarantee for nearly $300 pp less than my current booking. I realize I will probably not get better than a JS. But is there really any compelling reason that I should keep my prime location? Or should I save the money and take pot luck? Would ending up on deck six be a lot worse than being on deck 11 for example? All JS are in the middle of the ship, on or near the hump. I have never taken a guarantee cabin before.

For 300 per person I would jump on it. Like you said, all JS's are near or on the hump...........only risk is the floor you might get..but for 600.00 ..I can overlook that :)

I would take the guarentee. You may get a higher cat plus with

the ship being so large, you're never on the deck you need to go to.

You'll probably use the elevator more than any other cruise. Take the

savings and take a chance.

Check how many JS and larger suites are still available for your cruise. If lots, then go for it.

If this is not yet in final...I would take the Guar.

Steve.......only one way to find out........give them a call!

And for all that you cruise.......I have a few friends that did a W guarantee..and wound up in a loft suite!

Royal never knows when they might hook you.....and you will wind up spending more money........after the "gift"!:);)

Rick

I noticed the W guarantee is now available for my sailing, too (Oct 13, 2012). Unfortunately, I cannot change, as we are a party of 3. The guarantee is only for parties of 2. So, I have to keep my hump JS....Other family members with us (a party of 2), however, jumped on the W guarantee, and saved $500 total.

Take it! Save the money and move to a cabin with the large balcony if they assign you a JS again with a smaller balcony. The JS are in a great location on the Oasis class no matter what floor. We were assigned Deluxe guarantee cabin before final payment too. :eek: They put us port and I switched to starboard without issue since there was another JS for 3 available.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I noticed the W guarantee is now available for my sailing, too (Oct 13, 2012). Unfortunately, I cannot change, as we are a party of 3. The guarantee is only for parties of 2. So, I have to keep my hump JS....Other family members with us (a party of 2), however, jumped on the W guarantee, and saved $500 total.
Keep watching they offered both guarantees for 3 & 4 on our sailing.

BonVoyage

Dawna

I think that you are a prime example.......well, not you, but your family members that can have a 2 person suite. Great savings, and if Royal Caribbean would have given an option for the 3rd person, you would have grabbed it as well!;)

Rick

Archived