Liberty vs Skyline Dining Room

bugsbunny222

My husband and I will be on the POA and are not planning on dining at any of the specialty restaurants. We have read about the slower service in the main dining rooms and we are wondering if one tends to be better than the other. Also, what is the best time to plan on eating for lesser wait times? Thanks so much!

My husband and I will be on the POA and are not planning on dining at any of the specialty restaurants. We have read about the slower service in the main dining rooms and we are wondering if one tends to be better than the other. Also, what is the best time to plan on eating for lesser wait times? Thanks so much!

Liberty all the way. The wait staff seemed to be better trained and the overall environment was less noisy and no shorts or flip flops to look at on other diners. We had no trouble getting seating in Liberty without a wait in early December. Skyline seemed to have a wait around 7:00pm. The menus are the same so no difference in food - although the Liberty waiters did seem to know which specials were best. The service is leisurely (1 - 1/2 hours) in both MDR's.

Have a great cruise. And think about the specialty restaurants as a treat one night. We loved East Meets West on lobster night.

I find this question to be amusing and am looking forward to see what others say. I find that the Liberty dining room to be more upscaled as they do not allow t-shirts, sandals and shorts.

As mentioned the meals are the same and come from the same kitchen. The staff is rotated between the two dining rooms so if there is a difference it's cultural. However I find that the time spent in the dining room is not longer than conventional dining on other ships. But I do think that perception does seem to make the dining longer because of the lack of eating at large tables including conversations with others.

As far as best time with the least waiting, I'd choose after 7:30 PM as lines do form from opening until after 7:00 PM. Up until this year I'd have said get there as the doors open as the lines use to be non-exisitant. But now everyone is trying to get there at opening.

think about the specialty restaurants as a treat one night. We loved East Meets West on lobster night.

I heard the lobster night is the first night. We'd like to eat at the specialty restaurant, but isn't eat there on lobster night kind of defeat the purpose because lobster special is by itself a special? You lose the lobster "special" if you go pay extra at the specialty restaurants.

I heard the lobster night is the first night. We'd like to eat at the specialty restaurant, but isn't eat there on lobster night kind of defeat the purpose because lobster special is by itself a special? You lose the lobster "special" if you go pay extra at the specialty restaurants.

You're right about lobster night being the first night. But, while I enjoy the lobster tails they serve. It's nothing special. In addition, the lobster served in some of the specialty restaurants is more complete than just the tails.

You're right about lobster night being the first night. But, while I enjoy the lobster tails they serve. It's nothing special. In addition, the lobster served in some of the specialty restaurants is more complete than just the tails.

Even if the lobsters they serve in the MDR is not as good, it is still special that you don't have to pay extra for.

That's why I kind of feel if we want to pay extra, we'd do that on another night.

Even if the lobsters they serve in the MDR is not as good, it is still special that you don't have to pay extra for.

That's why I kind of feel if we want to pay extra, we'd do that on another night.

When we were on the POA, the speciality restaurants offered lobster specials for a charge above their regular fee. I believe the lobster comes from the Big Island and if was offered on Tues or Wed night so it doesn't compete with your MDR lobster & fish dish the first night.

I believe the lobster comes from the Big Island

Bit of trivia:

The lobsters from the Big Island are lobsters from Maine that are flown in and put in Hawaiian waters to detox the lobsters - i.e. get rid of the impurities and also allows the lobsters to regain their weight.

Bit of trivia:

The lobsters from the Big Island are lobsters from Maine that are flown in and put in Hawaiian waters to detox the lobsters - i.e. get rid of the impurities and also allows the lobsters to regain their weight.

Just like us from eastern part of N. America, need to go to Hawaii to detox ourselves.

Just returned from the POA 4/14 cruise. One comment on the liberty vs skyline menus. They are not entirely the same. There are 2 sides of the menu, one is daily specials that change every day. The other side is a base menu that does not change all week. The daily specials menu is the same for both menus for both but the base menu for each is different.

Other then the dress code we did not see any difference between the 2. We ended up at the skyline most nights. Depending on who was at the front desk the dress code enforcement was not really consistent.

Archived