Capitan Bob Cass

carlp

Thank you all for the reviews. I am debating on booking with Capt Bob. I am the worrier, I just know we will miss the boat back.....

Because of the reviews, I feel so much better booking with Capt Bob and I am looking forward to having the best day of our cruise.

• 1 month later...
I am so happy to see Captain Bob post here. We are so looking forward to our day with him on March 2. It is unfortunate that a few people posted negatively about his trips because the vast majority rave about it. From what I have read on reviews and our emails back and forth, he puts his heart and soul in his work. We can't wait to spend the day with him!

We highly recommend Sousaliga Destinations with Captain Bob as an excursion in St Martin! He shared his enthusiasm and he showed much care in making sure we all were comfortable on his boat. His sense of humor and thoughtfulness was greatly appreciated! You will not be disappointed if you choose his excursion in St Martin. It was a fun day for our family of fourteen!

We just got back from our cruise... We booked with captain bob our captain was captain T, he was awesome!! We went to beautiful locations, enjoyed a yummy lunch all while traveling in an awesome speed boat! We would book with them again in a heart beat:)ImageUploadedByForums1374547382.985207.jpg.0fb671d3ce9af05b7b5fe92945fb02f9.jpg

This was the best vacation we had taken in 10 years! We can not wait until we all go down to St Martin and take another stroll around the island with and old friend. Your friendship and knowledge of St Martin is incredible we will all see you soon!

Andy & Vivian Rose

Sailed on Celebrity Reflection in April and chose this over any of the ship sponsored excursions. We had Fab as our host, and Fab he was!! Such an incredible day, beautiful water, great food, cold beers, everything was perfect. We don't have another trip to there until Jan 2015, but chose the itinerary based on its stop on St Maarten. We will be boating with Captain Bob and his crew again!!

DSC02064.jpg.9f69039987b995106080aa1d47e2cfd7.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

We went on this excursion last week while on the Oasis. I may have been expecting too much with all of the reviews but this excursion was just OK. Captain Bob was very prompt and good at communicating. His directions were easy to follow, we found the dock very easily. He met us there and informed us that he would not be going with any of the three boats that day due to one of the boats needing repair. We were assigned to the boat with Captain Chris. He was fine, but not real personable or talkative. He didn't have enough flippers for everyone. Didn't offer to help anyone get up the ladder and into the boat during the different stops. Although he did help us get off at the end. Lunch was very good. It rained on us for half the day. We didn't get the surprise angel fish experience that we heard so much about. My husband wasn't impressed with the excursion at all. Captain Bob gets the rave reviews, you just have to be the lucky ones that get him as your Captain.

I am debating on booking with Capt Bob. I am the worrier, I just know we will miss the boat back.....

This ^ was my husband. Terrified of missing the ship, I FINALLY convinced him to let me book something other than the cruise line (mof, we did every excursion NOT through the cruise line). Not ONCE did my husband worry about the time. They are very aware of the time and make sure to let you know that you only have 'x' amount of time at each stop. After this day (our first stop), my husband no longer worried. Not to mention, not only were we back in plenty of time, we even had some extra time to wander around the port.

We went on this excursion last week while on the Oasis. I may have been expecting too much with all of the reviews but this excursion was just OK. Captain Bob was very prompt and good at communicating. His directions were easy to follow, we found the dock very easily. He met us there and informed us that he would not be going with any of the three boats that day due to one of the boats needing repair. We were assigned to the boat with Captain Chris. He was fine, but not real personable or talkative. He didn't have enough flippers for everyone. Didn't offer to help anyone get up the ladder and into the boat during the different stops. Although he did help us get off at the end. Lunch was very good. It rained on us for half the day. We didn't get the surprise angel fish experience that we heard so much about. My husband wasn't impressed with the excursion at all. Captain Bob gets the rave reviews, you just have to be the lucky ones that get him as your Captain.

I'm sorry your day wasn't up to your expectations....and I'm sure Bob is too. Did you email him to let him know? Because he seems to strive for nothing the but the best day for his customers. We didn't have him our day either, we had Tyrell. But, now that I've had him, I can't imagine the day with Bob as our captain.

I haven't emailed him yet about our dissapointing excursion because as we were leaving to get on the boat to leave for the excursion, Bob said that he would email us and be in touch. I haven't heard back from him yet. It has been over a week. If I don't hear in a couple of days, I will email him.

I haven't emailed him yet about our dissapointing excursion because as we were leaving to get on the boat to leave for the excursion, Bob said that he would email us and be in touch. I haven't heard back from him yet. It has been over a week. If I don't hear in a couple of days, I will email him.

Actually, I think it took him 2-3 weeks to email us post-cruise.

We, too, had a disappoint experience. Capt. Bob wouldn't respond to my email, but when I posted a review on TripAdvisor, that got his attention. Mind you, after you have been on the excursion, there is not a lot he can do to make things better, but I think he needs to hear when his tour leaders deliver a disappointing day.

• 2 weeks later...

I have a few questions.

1.) April 1 through Oct 31, 2013: the price is $99 per person but Nov 1 through April 1 2014: $109 per person. I just read that the seas are rougher/colder in Nov/Dec/Jan-- anyone know why there is a price difference?

2.) My DH likes to drink. It says beer is included. Is it unlimited? I know he could drink 12 beers on this excursion.

3.) Do you and if so how much do you tip your captain?

4.) I'm worried my sister will freak out snorkeling for the first time. She said she will need a life jacket. Will she be able to use one vs the noodle?

Thank you!

I have a few questions.

1.) April 1 through Oct 31, 2013: the price is $99 per person but Nov 1 through April 1 2014: $109 per person. I just read that the seas are rougher/colder in Nov/Dec/Jan-- anyone know why there is a price difference?

2.) My DH likes to drink. It says beer is included. Is it unlimited? I know he could drink 12 beers on this excursion.

3.) Do you and if so how much do you tip your captain?

4.) I'm worried my sister will freak out snorkeling for the first time. She said she will need a life jacket. Will she be able to use one vs the noodle?

Thank you!

1) because thats their peak season. more demand = higher price

2) they have a cooler full in the back of the boat. a 6 pack maybe, 12 pack is doubtful unless you're sitting by the cooler. you're going at a good speed or you're stopped and busy, so you need to have people pass the beers up, then try to drink while you hold on and not spill it all over yourself

3) yes, i think we tipped $40-50 for two of us

4) i believe they have them on there but i am not positive as i didnt use anything

• 2 weeks later...

It's not necessary to bring a waterproof bag, but we brought our dry bag anyway (piece of mind for me and my DSLR camera). There's a storage place up front to put your dry stuff. Cameras and cash (I kept in small Ziploc bag) are safe in your beach bag (or backpack...whatever you bring) and kept dry up front.

Hi there,

What did you all do with your valuables...ie. cash and camera? Did you bring a waterproof bag with you?

i just kept everything in a backpack and put it in the storage area. its a waterproof cabin in the front of the ship. no one is on the ship without the captain or everyone else, so everything is not only dry, but safe at all times

My DH and I are booked with Bob Cass in November. I e-mailed him about the excursion and received a prompt reply.

I can't swim so I will use a noodle and fins. I wear hard contacts at $225 a lens, so worried about water in mask. I purchased "prescription" goggles from Amazon for $20 so I can put my face in the water and actually see something-skipping the snorkel and mask though!

Sounds like a great day! Hope we get Bob himself:)

• 2 weeks later...

If you get easily seasick or you are scared of water, this may not be the excursion for you. Otherwise, book it now! It had great food, great stops, and a great tour guide (Captain Bob). It was our favorite tour from out of our Eastern Caribbean Cruise (it beat any tours we did on Western Caribbean and Alaska too). We would definitely be excited to do it again, it was more than worth it. We went during hurricane season, so I imagine it might be a little different at other times in the year, but we got to see some of the most gorgeous beaches and there were not very many other people at the beaches besides our group. It was awesome.

I found this tour on trip-advisor and did a little research on my own and this trip had mostly good reviews all around. This was the final port on the Carnival Valor out of San Juan and we wanted to do something different for my wife's birthday. There were four in our party and 11 passengers total on the boat plus the Capt. his name was Chris and we felt safe at all times with the knowledge he had of the area and the speedboat. We did not feel crowded because this is a fairly large speedboat. There was plenty of water, sodas and beer for all to drink during this excursion.

It is about a 15-minute walk to the Marina from the cruise port.

We started out with a cruise around the island before we stopped to swim with the turtles. There were ample turtles and assorted sea life for the snorkel enthusiast. This was an easy swim in a cove with no current to fight.

After that we swam at the bay that separates the Dutch from the French side. Then we were off to Pinel Island (a clothing optional beach) so if you have little ones keep that in mind. We walked around and hung out on the beach for a little while and then it was off to a restaurant for lunch. I wish I could remember the name but i can't because this was some of the freshest best tasting mahi mahi we have ever eaten. We hung out on that beach for a while and then it was off to the large rock in the middle of the ocean for more snorkeling. There is a strong current at this location and Chris ensured we were all aware of that before we entered the area, he even told us where to start so we would go with the current for a less strenuous swim. The novice snorkeler can do this swim just make sure you know where you are at all times. I did notice Chris was very aware of where we were at all times in case a problem arose. We all saw stingrays and many many different species of tropical fish.

After that we went to a cove where the rich hang out and there were hundreds of angelfish for us to observe, that was a really cool beach.

The final stop was at the airport and we did see one jet takeoff however the planes did not cooperate for our time schedule for a landing. This is the slow season and through no fault of Capt. Bob.

Final notes...

I am 53 years old and consider myself in reasonable shape however I did utilize Chris when getting back on the boat this was a great help as i started getting tired from all the snorkeling and i still think I am 20 in my brain however my body knows better...

Our party of four had a great time on this excursion and recommend it to all to see the beauty of ST. Martin. :D

Mike and Tina

Edited by steelersfan0001

I found this tour on trip-advisor and did a little research on my own and this trip had mostly good reviews all around. This was the final port on the Carnival Valor out of San Juan and we wanted to do something different for my wife's birthday. There were four in our party and 11 passengers total on the boat plus the Capt. his name was Chris and we felt safe at all times with the knowledge he had of the area and the speedboat. We did not feel crowded because this is a fairly large speedboat. There was plenty of water, soda and beer for all throughout the excursion.

It is about a 15-minute walk to the Marina from the cruise port.

We started out with a cruise around the island before we stopped to swim with the turtles. There were ample turtles and assorted sea life for the snorkel enthusiast. This was an easy swim in a cove with no current to fight.

After that we swam at the bay that separates the Dutch from the French side. Then we were off to Pinel Island (a clothing optional beach) so if you have little ones keep that in mind. We walked around and hung out on the beach for a little while and then it was off to a restaurant for lunch. I wish I could remember the name but i can't because this was some of the freshest best tasting mahi mahi we have ever eaten. We hung out on that beach for a while and then it was off to the large rock in the middle of the ocean for more snorkeling. There is a strong current at this location and Chris ensured we were all aware of that before we entered the area, he even told us where to start so we would go with the current for a less strenuous swim. The novice snorkeler can do this swim just make sure you know where you are at all times. I did notice Chris was very aware of where we were at all times in case a problem arose. We all saw stingrays and many many different species of tropical fish.

After that we went to a cove where the rich hang out and there were hundreds of angelfish for us to observe, that was a really cool beach.

The final stop was at the airport and we did see one jet takeoff however the planes did not cooperate for our time schedule for a landing. This is the slow season and through no fault of Capt. Bob.

Final notes...

I am 53 years old and consider myself in reasonable shape however I did utilize Chris when getting back on the boat this was a great help as i started getting tired from all the snorkeling and i still think I am 20 in my brain however my body knows better...

Our party of four had a great time on this excursion and recommend it to all to see the beauty of ST. Martin.

Mike and Tina :D

My husband and I were on the Allure of the Seas over Labor Day week and planned on joining Capt Bob for the Speed boat excursion. It was unfortunate that Tropical Storm Gabriel was right behind us and the weather was not great when our ship docked in St Marten. It was unfortunate that Capt Bob had to cancel because he thought the weather was not safe for us--but we were very appreciative that he thought of our safety first . When we met him at the Dock, he apologized and informed us that he would credit our deposit ASAP (he did almost immediately. We really appreciated that he cancelled the excursion rather than putting our lives in harms way and plan to book this excursion the next time we are in St Marten. Thank you Capt Bob!

• 3 weeks later...

This was our 9th cruise so far and this Excursion with Soualiga Destinations was one of our top three excursions ever if not the best. Capt. Bob was awesome. He had two boats and we were on Capt Bob's boat. It seemed that we were having more fun than the other boat!!!! We had an awesome lunch, beer, soda, water and an excellent speed boat ride. This was all included in the price of tour. The snorkeling was out of this world at multiple locations. We even got to shop for local trinkets. It was a short walk to the dock from the boat. There are plenty of cabs as well for non-walkers. We actually took a cab to Capt Bob's because we were running late. It was $3 dollars a person and it took about 3 minutes to get there by cab. It was an AWESOME day with Capt Bob!!! The only other thing I want to mention is to make sure you take cash with you so you can tip Capt Bob afterwards!!!!! With this tour, you will have know problem tipping because of all the fun you will have!!!!

Mel R. from Maryland

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We just did this excursion on Nov 2 and had an amazing time! We had originally requested Capt. Bob based on the many positive reviews but unfortunately he wasn't feeling the best that day so our guide was "Fab". Fab was absolutely fabulous!! The weather on the other hand not so much. The dark clouds rolled in giving way to heavy rainshowers. We ended up soaked to the bone before even going snorkeling. There were only 4 couples on board and we laughed like crazy as we were tossed around in the choppy waters. Snorkeled twice and managed to see a few sea turtles and a variety of fish although the visibility wasn't the greatest that day. We enjoyed stopping at Pinel island and shopping for souvenirs. Lunch was so delicious! We also were lucky to see a plane take off and another land right overhead at Maho Beach. We made it back by 4 pm and Fab was nice enough to drop us off at the water taxi stop near our pier. We can't say enough good things about this tour. We would like to do it again when we are back in St Martin ... hopefully the weather will be nicer to us!