First...Price...Drop...Ever!

this will be my first cruise coming up and just wondering, do they contact you about a price drop??

Nope! It's easy to check though. Just get onto the site and do a dummy booking. I usually do it at least two or three times a day as the prices literally change by the hour. We've only had it happen once...but it was a staggering $475 per cabin price drop!! As long as the price drop occurs prior to final payment, the difference will come off the bottom line. If the price drop occurs after final payment, you should be able to get a upgrade to a higher category room (assuming that higher category is equal or less to what you paid for your original room). For instance on our March cruise the price fell dramatically after final payment. We could have upgraded to a balcony room for no extra cost or a JS for only $300. We chose not to as we had travel mates with us and we really wanted to keep our connecting rooms....plus the available rooms were all at the very front of the ship (my lease favorite place). So we chose to just stay put.

Keep looking! You never know, the price may stay constant or it may fall.

I have gotten a price drop on almost all my cruises. Am I lucky or just unlucky booking at too high a price? We do have a few different ways to get price drops senior, military or by state, but still. If I don't get a price drop I worry I missed it.:o

Nope! It's easy to check though. Just get onto the site and do a dummy booking. I usually do it at least two or three times a day as the prices literally change by the hour. We've only had it happen once...but it was a staggering $475 per cabin price drop!! As long as the price drop occurs prior to final payment, the difference will come off the bottom line. If the price drop occurs after final payment, you should be able to get a upgrade to a higher category room (assuming that higher category is equal or less to what you paid for your original room). For instance on our March cruise the price fell dramatically after final payment. We could have upgraded to a balcony room for no extra cost or a JS for only $300. We chose not to as we had travel mates with us and we really wanted to keep our connecting rooms....plus the available rooms were all at the very front of the ship (my lease favorite place). So we chose to just stay put.

Keep looking! You never know, the price may stay constant or it may fall.

Ha!, I thought I was the only person obsessive enough to check a few times a day. My hubby has senior status and I got a senior deal from a D2 to a JS for only $140 more total for both of us.

Ha!, I thought I was the only person obsessive enough to check a few times a day. My hubby has senior status and I got a senior deal from a D2 to a JS for only $140 more total for both of us.

I'm all things cruise obsessed. It's truly a sickness. I consider it my life mission to recruit all friends and family onto the cruise bandwagon.

Routine is: morning coffee, price check. Fix lunch, price check. Put kids to bed, price check.

We're in our 30's but we cruise with our bff's who are in their 50's and therefore qualify for the senior rates. To get us all the rate, the reservations show me and David in a room and my husband and Gayle in the next room. Senior discounts for all!

I was checking for possible price drops and saw this :)

Saw what?

EDIT - HA! Just saw your post. I was like...am I missing something??

PS - I assume from your avatar that you have a Raptor. Do you like it? My husband is drooling over them as it gives others the illusion that he's a Baja Prerunner (but obviously, he isn't and won't ever be)

Oh well, for some reason, the pictures are not working. Go to the RCCL site and check our sailing date and see the prices for a Grand Suite :)

Or you could really go cheap for the Royal Suite for only $14,000.

Saw what?

EDIT - HA! Just saw your post. I was like...am I missing something??

PS - I assume from your avatar that you have a Raptor. Do you like it? My husband is drooling over them as it gives others the illusion that he's a Baja Prerunner (but obviously, he isn't and won't ever be)

The Grand Suite is listed for $100,000 per person for the August 26th Freedom sailing :eek:. I tried to upload the pictures but for some reason it would not work.

LOVE the Raptor, best truck I have ever had. :D

We usually never get price drops cause we can only travel during school holidays/summer but last week got a residency discount of $70/pp. Not much but was happy to take it (savings paid for our excursion:D). Checked yesterday and prices were up $100 from what we got last week, $30 higher than what we booked at in Jan. If you see a price dopr-jump on it. They come and go fast.

You think that's bad for a Grand Suite? I was changing our room on our upcoming Celebrity cruise and insides were booking for that! Called and the CS person knew exactly what was up (if I did a dummy booking, the correct price came up) and was able to book us at the correct price. DH and I sure did have a chuckle over how we'd just keep our OV if an inside cost a few hundred thou!

Congrats on the price drop. I booked this cruise the day it came out and never caught a price drop for our room. Granted I didn't check 3x a day!

I'm all things cruise obsessed. It's truly a sickness. I consider it my life mission to recruit all friends and family onto the cruise bandwagon.

Routine is: morning coffee, price check. Fix lunch, price check. Put kids to bed, price check.

We're in our 30's but we cruise with our bff's who are in their 50's and therefore qualify for the senior rates. To get us all the rate, the reservations show me and David in a room and my husband and Gayle in the next room. Senior discounts for all!

Kinky--LOL! That is a good plan though. We have two couples on our roll call who met on a cruise and now cruise together every spring.

Kinky--LOL! That is a good plan though. We have two couples on our roll call who met on a cruise and now cruise together every spring.

I know, right? We always laugh that we're swingers when we cruise since the reservations shows us swapping partners!

I have never, never seen a price drop on any of my cruises but I continue to check. I checked this morning and caught a residency rate for my Freedom cruise in November - it's only $40, but hey, that's $40 I can spend on something else!

Good for you. I have been diligent checking our November cruise (sometimes 3 times a day), but I guess today, my checking is over. Our cabin category is now sold out and the next one up has two cabins left. (So much for them dropping the price on the next category and switching up.) Its OK, I like the price we received (we booked a year out and all the prices did since booking is increase, so I am comfortable with that) and can't wait for the cruise.

I just think it would be neat to be able to call up once and ask for the price reduction. Oh well, have one already on the books and another planned (if RCL will ever release the 2013 / 2014 deployments, but that is a different thread).

Have a great time on your cruise. Congratulations again...

Oh well, for some reason, the pictures are not working. Go to the RCCL site and check our sailing date and see the prices for a Grand Suite :)

Wow, I tried it and it offered me a GS for my family of 3 for over $300,000. That suite better have some true enhanced amentities:cool:

Archived