Calling all EOS Lovers!!

Just booked EOS for August to Bermuda. I am new to RCL. Taking 2 of my daughters (16 & 28).

I am a compulsive organizer and info gatherer. I like to know what to expect and know all the not to miss kind of info.

Tell me what I need to know!!! The best cocktail, the drink package, MTD or late seating, your favorite food, do you like the buffet, are there chairs verses loungers by the pool, can I bring water bottles and champagne (corkage fee?) specialty restaurants?

Don't be shy. Tell me what you love and what you hate. What do I need to know??

We are booked in a balcony cabin on the 7th deck.

So excited!!

Okay just saw your other thread...you're on ExOS:D

The promenade is tremendous fun and lots of great events go on there each night. Make sure you see the ice show (may be 1 or 2 different shows) at least once on the trip. If you want a special dinner try Portofino specialty restaurant - it's $20pp extra but the service is superb and the food is stellar:D

As to Bermuda, there are lots of great low cost things to do. Consider investing in a public transporation pass to cover the time you're in port. It will allow you to use the ferries or the bus system. There is a snorkel park near the ship, but many people say it's kind of disappointing, I don't know because we took the #7 bus to Horseshoe Bay beach and it was spectacular (but bring your hiking shoes cause the walk back from the beach to the bus stop is killer - feels like it's straight uphill:eek:). In the Dockyard are some retail shops, make sure you visit the glass blower (great early Christmas gifts..hint hint) and Frog & Onion pub:D

That should be enough to get you started;)

We are sailing NCL Star to Bermuda in July with extended family so hopefully I will know what I am doing in Bermuda the 2nd time around.

Last Thanksgiving we went on NCL Jewel and the food was terrible (I know this is subjective)

Not sure how the MTD works. I picked 6pm and asked for our own table. I might change that cause we are really friendly :).

I love the adult solarium on Exp....it's got no roof, so you can actually tan! This is my favorite class of ship....big, but not too big!

I like to plan, too...but not to excess! It's a vacation...don't want to be on a schedule!

RC does not allow any passenger to bring any alcohol on board. There are various wine packages available they you may purchase. You can also order wine pre-cruise to have delivered to the dining room or to your cabin.

Only one specialty restaurant and that is Portofinos. There is a fee about $25 or $30 per person. Also, there is Johnny Rockets at a $4.95 cover charge per person, drinks except tea and water are also for a fee. You get all of the fries,onion rings you want plus the sandwich and dessert.

Explorer is a great ship and you will have a wonderful time.

We brought a couple of small cases of water on our last cruise. Double bagged in plastic and then attached a luggage tag. Came in handy. Stake out your place early for Promenade parades and don't miss the ice show. Make sure you take time for the shows, they usually are fun. Have fun!

Thanks. Is there a parade daily and do you know what time they usually are?

Is the food at the coffee place included in the fare?

I also asked for our own table of 3 but now I feel like I want to change that to share a large table. We are friendly and it might be more fun that way?

I also can't find the hours of the buffet and is there food anywhere around the pool area?

TIA!

ps- I was able to snag an aft JS early this morning for $160 total more. So happy!!

Thanks. Is there a parade daily and do you know what time they usually are?

Is the food at the coffee place included in the fare?

I also asked for our own table of 3 but now I feel like I want to change that to share a large table. We are friendly and it might be more fun that way?

I also can't find the hours of the buffet and is there food anywhere around the pool area?

TIA!

ps- I was able to snag an aft JS early this morning for $160 total more. So happy!!

There are 2 parades. First night is the Welcome Aboard at about 11pm in thr Promenade and the farewell parade which I the last day but I'm thinking about 5pm or so.

Food in the Royal Promenade is free and includes pizza, mini sandwiches which are yummy, cookies, pastries and fruit.

The windjammer buffet opens at 6:30 am-11 am for Breakfast. Lunch starts at 11:30 or so until about 3pm. They have afternoon snacks after that and Casual Dining is open from 6:30 until 9pm.

There is no food outside near the pool with the exception of thr frozen yogurt machines.

As far as getting a large table, I say go for it!

We always ask for a large table, and it's always worked out. We've met some nice people and would always look forward to dinner. I really like Explorer and will be sailing with her again Dec. 3.

The Windjammer is right next to the pool.

Do not be concerned with food. It is everywhere and tons of it.

Order a travel brochure, schedules and map from the Office of Bermuda tourism. Nothing to do with the ship but free and received quickly. Sorry I don't have the toll free number to call but office is in NY and I recd my package the next day! We sail in Sept

Archived