Older kids in there own cabin

Currently I am booked in a boardwalk balcony with my wife, DD (20) and her boyfriend also 20. Prices have dropped for a guarantee inside. I called to move my DD and her boyfriend there, but because they not 21 they cannot be booked in a room by themselves. Can I just book me and boyfriend in the inside room, and keep my wive and my DD in the room we have now. But we just switch who sleeps where once we got on?

If yes can I get a another key for my wifes room--really my room as well?

Currently I am booked in a boardwalk balcony with my wife, DD (20) and her boyfriend also 20. Prices have dropped for a guarantee inside. I called to move my DD and her boyfriend there, but because they not 21 they cannot be booked in a room by themselves. Can I just book me and boyfriend in the inside room, and keep my wive and my DD in the room we have now. But we just switch who sleeps where once we got on?

If yes can I get a another key for my wifes room--really my room as well?

You can get extra keys at Guest Services after you board.

Yes, you can. We book like that all the time. When you get onboard, go to guest relations and ask for an addition card for each room. If your sea pass card is linked to different cards, think about that when you are completing your sailaway documents. If I remember correctly, a few times we may have even said we traded rooms with the kids and they changed everything for us so that two under 21's were in the same room. Have fun!

Katie

Actually, once onboard, you can switch the people themselves back into the rooms they'll be staying in. You will get new Sea Passes and your accounts will follow you. This way, there is no confusion. Just go to customer services after you board and tell them who switched with whom. It's not a problem, and no questions are asked.

You should be able to book DD and boyfriend in her own cabin if it is across the hall. You can not do it online, but a TA or royal can do it. I do it all the time for clients and on our last cruise, boys were in one cabin, and we were in another.

however you can also do it once onboard as others have mentioned.

If they are directly across the hall or next door to you, you can book them in their own room. Otherwise, it is a violation of policy.

While it is rare, I have had clients end up with issues onboard by trying to get around this policy. It is in place for a good reason and every now and then you get a stickler of a ship worker who enforces the rule. While it is unlikely ask yourself this: is it worth losing your vacation over?

You should be able to book DD and boyfriend in her own cabin if it is across the hall. You can not do it online, but a TA or royal can do it. I do it all the time for clients and on our last cruise, boys were in one cabin, and we were in another.

however you can also do it once onboard as others have mentioned.

This is true - you can book minors into their own cabin if it is across the hall from the parent's cabin.

With an inside guarantee, this would not be the case.

Thanks everyone, I called and switched the rooms--funny when they asked if I wanted the beds together or not, and I said put them together in both rooms, I wonder if the lady was thinking me and the boyfriend and something going on.

They are hardly "minors", even tho they can't book a cabin on their own!

You don't have to be across the hall or even IN the same hallway!

Call on the phone and book it....

While they are not "minors" they are under 21 and therefore cannot be in a room by themselves unless directly across the hall from or next door to the parents. This is a well established RCI policy and one the OP is risking by taking the advice here.

I wish you luck, OP. I have just seen it go bad too many times to risk the small savings.

• 1 month later...

Okay, cruising experts, can you give me a little confidence over a choice my TA helped me make.

I have three children going with us on Oasis.

DD is 21

DS is 15

Ds is 12

They are not across the hall, they are actually down a separate smaller corridor on the inside, which is around the corner from us. TA said she could book it that way since DD is 21 in the cabin. I am just apprensive that I have put them too far away from us.

I have very responsible kids (well 2 of them anyway :rolleyes:). However, I am starting to stress that their cabins are too far from ours. I am sure this can't be such a unique experience that some one out there can't share their experience with me. It would be GREATLY appreciated!

Okay, cruising experts, can you give me a little confidence over a choice my TA helped me make.

DD is 21

DS is 15

Ds is 12

They are not across the hall, they are actually down a separate smaller corridor on the inside, which is around the corner from us. TA said she could book it that way since DD is 21 in the cabin. I am just apprensive that I have put them too far away from us.

I have very responsible kids (well 2 of them anyway :rolleyes:). However, I am starting to stress that their cabins are too far from ours. I am sure this can't be such a unique experience that some one out there can't share their experience with me. It would be GREATLY appreciated!

I think that the reason this is fine is because all three kids are your OWN kids, and one is over 21. With the OP, both "kids" were under 21, and one was not her own.

Thanks everyone, I called and switched the rooms--funny when they asked if I wanted the beds together or not, and I said put them together in both rooms, I wonder if the lady was thinking me and the boyfriend and something going on.

HaHa

DD is 21

DS is 15

Ds is 12

Are you concerned about them being farther away and an emergency situation or are you concerned about possible shenanigans? IMO, unless you are connecting cabins, them being across the hall, down the hall or another floor away is all the same. Even if they are across the hall or next door, you won't know if they leave at night, if someone knocks on their door, etc. As long as you trust your kids, do what you feel is best.

I am not concerned with Shenanigans. They are all experienced cruisers, and they know that their father and I would kill them if they got into trouble! lol

I guess my biggest concern is emergencies. However, the only time we really see them is dinner and at curfew checks at night. I would be most concerned in the event of a major catastrophe because they are in a differen zone and I am suspecting their muster station will be different. I guess we are just going to have to set up some firm boundaries and build in some checks and balances. Plus, bribe the 12 year old to rat out his older brother and sister. :rolleyes:

Archived