Godfrey or Sunny Liston on St. Thomas?

cherry2000

Favorite St. Thomas Tour Guide?  

83 members have voted

1. 1. Favorite St. Thomas Tour Guide?

• Godfrey
    • Sunny Liston
    • Other

Just returned from Royal Caribbbean - Adventure of the Seas.

In St. Thomas we toured w/ Sunny Liston Tours. He was great!!!!!! He & I communicated by email many times prior to the cruise. Then when I returned home, he emailed me again ... thanking us for allowing him to show us his island. We started out with 3 hours of shopping, which sounds like alot, but it really was just enough time. Then he took us on an island tour for about 1 1/2 - 2 hrs. Then we went to Sapphire Beach for about 2 hrs. His price is only $20 per person!!!!!!!!!! Check it out at: www.sunnylistontours.com.

My Husband and I was in St. Thomas on a cruise in June of this year 2005 on the Caribbean Princess and my family and i booked a tour with (Air Force 1 Fun Tours) www.havefunwithus.com I found them on the internet and I just wanted everyone to know what a totally (Fun tas tic) day we had in St. Thomas courtesy of Air Force 1 Fun Tours!!!! our driver we had on that day took great care of us like we were the most important people in the world!!!!!!! after we booked with them a few days before, they met us at the cruise ship with a welcome sign with our name and they were on time. they took us places to see what other tourist don't even get to see !! they were exceptional and our tour guide answered all of our questions and was well know ledged about the island but most of all he was very patient and very nice to my Mother who is 85 years old. after the full day trip.. they took us back to the ship and I discovered that I forgot my bag in the tour bus with my brand new digital camera and a diamond ring my husband bought for me. I was nervous upset and my husband was Realy, Realy, and I mean Realy mad with me!!!! I called their office from my cell phone from the ship and we decided that it will be best to mail it back to me. when i arrive back home on a Monday at 3:10 p.m....15 min later someone knock on the door... it was the mail man. the same day I arrive home the entire bag arrived safely with everything i had it!!!!! I would like to thank the people of (Air Force 1 Fun island Tours and Beach Trips) in St. Thomas for a lovely excursion we had booked through them and thanks for the wonderful experience and memories but most of all I want to thank them very much for mailing my bag with my camera and diamond ring back to me. I would reccomend them to anyone that want to go on a tour, shopping or go on a beach trip in St. Thomas.

Sincerely, Theresa K. LongShore

Mississippi

Thanks for the info, Theresa. We were considering them also because it looked like they offered more beach time and less shopping time (would like to totally eliminate the shopping aspect of it). Where did you go and was it about $35. Thanks as it is always helpful to see reviews on excursions that people are considering.

Peggy

• 2 weeks later...

We were in St Thomas last week and we went with Sunny Liston. THe tour was great and we all really enjoyed ourselves. We had plenty of room. A couple of the men in our group are 6'2 and they did not complain. He met us on the pier as promised. He had e-mailed me his cell phone number so I could keep him informed of the immigration process. That was not an issue.We had some shopping time, then the tour of the Island and then to Sapphire Beach. THat was beautiful. I have recommended him to several of my friends.

I booked our group (43 people) with Sunny for Thursday 7/29. Since we are such a big group, he asked us how we wanted the day to go. We all agreed that we would meet him at 9am at the pier, 1 1/2 hr. tour, then on to Coki Beach until 3:30. He was so accommodating, answering my millions of emails very promptly. Since we are such a big group, we changed our minds so often, and each time, his advice was so helpful. If the service I have had from him so far is indicative of what our day is going to be like, I have no doubt things will go well. I will let everyone know when we get back

I just got back from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It was Great! Feel free to e-mail me with questions. In St. Thomas I used Sunny Liston, based on postings from this and other boards. IT WAS GREAT! He and his wife Angella, are the nicest people ever. It was a great tour. He makes sure everybody's on the bus before he moves on. He dropped us off shopping for 2 hrs, an island tour for 2 hours (THIS WAS THE BEST PART, my wife didn't even want an Island Tour when I booked it, she also thought this was the best part), Saphire beach for 2 hrs. He makes some local stops (sights, local side of the road fruit stand for fresh coconuts, mangos, etc). He locks your stuff in his truck if you want while your on the beach. THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS A LOT OF FUN, AND WE NEVER FELT UNSAFE!!!! I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THIS TOUR!!!!!

I just got back from my cruise on the Caribbean Princess. It was Great! Feel free to e-mail me with questions. In St. Thomas I used Sunny Liston, based on postings from this and other boards. IT WAS GREAT! He and his wife Angella, are the nicest people ever. It was a great tour. He makes sure everybody's on the bus before he moves on. He dropped us off shopping for 2 hrs, an island tour for 2 hours (THIS WAS THE BEST PART, my wife didn't even want an Island Tour when I booked it, she also thought this was the best part), Saphire beach for 2 hrs. He makes some local stops (sights, local side of the road fruit stand for fresh coconuts, mangos, etc). He locks your stuff in his truck if you want while your on the beach. THE WHOLE EXPERIENCE WAS A LOT OF FUN, AND WE NEVER FELT UNSAFE!!!! I WOULD HIGHLY RECCOMMEND THIS TOUR!!!!!

What time did he pick you up at the ship, and did he have a sign with your name on it so you easily find him? We are booked with his tour in three weeks and I am really looking forward to it. We are being picked up at 10:00, which I assume means we shop for 2 hours, tour for 1 1/2 hours and then Sapphire for 2 hours, correct?

One more question: Was the beach really crowded when you got there in the afternoon, and were you able to find chairs?

• 3 weeks later...

Do you do the shopping first and then the beach? I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to spend two hours shopping in a damp bathing suit with sun tan lotion and sand. After a couple hours at the beach, I want nothing more than to return to the ship to take a nice hot shower . . . :p

Yes they pick you up to go shopping first, then a tour of the island, the beach for a couple hours, then back to the ship. Both Sunny and Godfrey will lock up your purchases in their trucks while at the beach. (Just don't leave them behind when you get back to the ship as several posters have reported doing!!)

Deb

Do you do the shopping first and then the beach? I can't imagine how uncomfortable it would be to spend two hours shopping in a damp bathing suit with sun tan lotion and sand. After a couple hours at the beach, I want nothing more than to return to the ship to take a nice hot shower . . . :p

Shopping and lunch and island tour first, then the beach.

The debate between Sonny or Godfrey may be academic. We booked Sonny Liston through the internet for last week based on the comments on this board (thank you, folks). Godfrey showed up. No complaints, he was great but I guess you take what you get.

The banana daiquiri on the mountain top was $7.50. We didn't. Now I'm glad when I hear that it was not that great.

Godfrey drove past Megan's Bay, Coki Beach and Sapphire Beach dropping people off as they wished. Based on the description, we chose Coki but changed our minds when we saw it. Quite crowded and we could only see about two feet of sand. Went to Sapphire and were happy with that.

Not at all impressed with Godfrey last year.. had we not done island tours before would have had no idea what we were looking at since we could barely hear OR understand the driver.. lots of riding around in heavy traffic. Cost is good but IMHO it's really not a great tour... Haven't done the other... and bathrooms at Mountaintop were simply gross (maybe that was a bad day, dunno if that's the case always)... Way too much traffic and riding around looking at nothing.

Well, sunluva7, Godfrey was the first to reply! :rolleyes:

I thought for sure that Sunny would get back to me first, as well.

I just may wait to see what Sunny has to say and then make my decision on who to go with. Have heard good reviews on both tours.

Bobbie :)

My family toured St. Thomas with Sunny last week. We thought he was just great! He picked us up at 9:00 a.m. from the ship (our choice of departure time) and first brought us to Main street to shop for about 2 hours. We then toured the island for about 1 1/2 hours, and then went to Sapphire Beach for a couple of hours. He was flexible and left it up to the group as to how much time we needed for touring and the beach. He was very informative, showed us the beautiful island, and took us on a wild ride around the island. The kids on the taxi thought it was great and had their arms up in the air as if they were on a roller coaster.:eek: Sunny played a catchy tune which the kids picked up quickly on and sang for the rest of the afternoon. We were like a big party bus arriving back at the pier! I would recommend Sunny! I booked online a few weeks before and he is very good with his e-mailing back. :) :) :)

Archived