princess Star or NCL Pearl

Kath2me

Alaska in August,,

Love the fresh water and the fewer selections on the Star, seems more for adults ( which is what we want ) Rooms just look older and not sure.

However, the Pearl, just overall seems nice, alot to do

Both seem to be in the price range I'm looking at, however because i need a handicapped room, pearl has a much better selection...

Anyone, plese help me decide

Alaska in August,,

Love the fresh water and the fewer selections on the Star, seems more for adults ( which is what we want ) Rooms just look older and not sure.

However, the Pearl, just overall seems nice, alot to do

Both seem to be in the price range I'm looking at, however because i need a handicapped room, pearl has a much better selection...

Anyone, plese help me decide

I've never sailed Princess, but I've done a couple of short cruises with NCL. I'd go with Princess.

I have sailed the Golden Princess which is the same "class" (Grand) as the Star Princess. I have also sailed on the NCL Pearl last October and booked the Grand Princess this November.

I'm partial to both ships and I guess it depends on what you like as both has their pros & cons. I would be happy on either and would base my decision on ports of call.

Princess:

like the movie screen on deck, MDR food, activities

didn't like formality, structure

Pearl:

like freestyle, rock wall, bowling, cruise staff, aft open air buffet dining

didn't like excess "user pay" dining

I was put in/upgraded a handicapped room on the Golden Princess and it was "humongous" compared to the normal cabins.

I do like the Pearl-it is one of the better NCL ships, but there are not enough pools in my mind. I have not been on the Star Princess so I have no idea about pools on the SP.

I will say this, if you are a foodie, you will prefer Princess, Princess has better food, but if activities are more i, important, than perhaps you will prefer the Pearl.

Why not go to the review section and find some reviews of both ships in Alaska?

Archived