Upgrade from S1 to CS---a little worried

oldtownjns

We were booked in Solstice cabin 9374 (Rear S1 with wraparound balcony) and I just noticed we were upgraded to Celebrity Suite 1235. Should I be happy? A little worried that our S1 balcony was much nicer. I am traveling with my husband and soon to be 9 yo daughter. We are on the June 16 Mediterranean sailing.

Thanks for any input, especially if you have been in either cabin or if you've sailed in both a S1 and a CS.

Judith

I love corner aft wrap-arounds on most ships. Having said that, I'd take the CS in a nano-second. In fact, if you do not want it, can I have it? :D

Also, I really do not think that the Sky suites (assuming that is what you had) are suites at all, just a little larger than a balcomy cabin, and with a butler. The CS is definately a suite. And yes, I've been in both.

Ken

Downfalls of CS - no view from your bedroom, no aft, smaller balcony than what you had in S1.

We stayed in 9374 and I think it's the best of the bunch. That said, you will have more privacy from your daughter in CS as there are separate rooms in this cabin.

9374 is much larger and the porthole alone are things that attract me to sticking with 9374.

Both are good. Depends on what is more important to you.

GL!

I can see why you are asking, the wrap balcony is good, however the new suite is 25% larger on the hump, a shorter walk to all central areas and has 2 rooms.

I'm not sure there is anything you can do to switch it back as it will have already been given to another passenger.

Having been on the aft wrap and the hump twice, I like both however when travelling with my son, I'd go for the one they have moved you to - a little privacy is also good on holiday whilst still feeling its a family room.

We were booked in Solstice cabin 9374 (Rear S1 with wraparound balcony) and I just noticed we were upgraded to Celebrity Suite 1235. Should I be happy? A little worried that our S1 balcony was much nicer. I am traveling with my husband and soon to be 9 yo daughter. We are on the June 16 Mediterranean sailing. Thanks for any input, especially if you have been in either cabin or if you've sailed in both a S1 and a CS. Judith

I think you will love Celebrity Suite 1235. We are booked on Jan. 20-Feb. 3, 2014, on the Solstice for Australia and New Zealand. With two other couples, we have 1233-35-37. What's so good? Larger, nearly 400 sq. ft, plus 105 sq. ft. for balcony. About 25% bigger.

One of the best reason is location. You/we are very handy, central, right near the central elevators, open atrium, library, etc. You are on the bump out so have total privacy, plus being able both to see forward and back without blockages, etc.

I have more pictures and will try to post later.

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 76,485 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

http://www.boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1426474

We were booked in a S2 on our upcoming cruise in December on Eclipse. A price drop gave us an opportunity to upgrade to a S2. We chose to upgrade to a Celebrity Suite instead. Although you may be giving up a wraparound, aft balcony from the S1, we feel you are more than compensating for that loss, with the extra stateroom space of a CS, and it's not like you will end up with no life on the CS balcony. We would sit back and enjoy the cruise.

As promised, below are some visuals to give you a better idea on why should be happy with CS 1235 on the tenth floor of the Solstice. Location is great, plus many nice features, lots of room, great views, etc. Are a few pictures worth a thousand or so words?

THANKS! Enjoy! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 76,485 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Here are four different visuals in connect with Solstice 1235. First a blow-up of the deck plan for the tenth floor. This room is very close to the central part of the ship and key elevator group, library, etc. Second is a cut-away for the room lay-out, two doors to the bathroom, walk-in closet, sitting area,large balcony, etc. Third is a balcony view. Where you see the four people, including the one person in a red shirt, is suite 1253 with the double-size balcony to the left of the top part of the “X”. Finally, here’s an interior room with plenty of room to relax, see the views through the glass, etc. .:

SolsticeCelSuiteDiagram.jpg

SolsticeCS1235.jpg

SolsticeCS1235BalconyX.jpg

SolsticeCelSuiteLRMain.jpg

We were booked in a S2 on our upcoming cruise in December on Eclipse. A price drop gave us an opportunity to upgrade to a S2. We chose to upgrade to a Celebrity Suite instead. Although you may be giving up a wraparound, aft balcony from the S1, we feel you are more than compensating for that loss, with the extra stateroom space of a CS, and it's not like you will end up with no life on the CS balcony. We would sit back and enjoy the cruise.

Sorry, meant to say we had a chance to upgrade from a S2 to a S1(nice typing skills). Would still take the CS upgrade.

We were booked in Solstice cabin 9374 (Rear S1 with wraparound balcony) and I just noticed we were upgraded to Celebrity Suite 1235. Should I be happy? A little worried that our S1 balcony was much nicer. I am traveling with my husband and soon to be 9 yo daughter. We are on the June 16 Mediterranean sailing.

Thanks for any input, especially if you have been in either cabin or if you've sailed in both a S1 and a CS.

Judith

Lucky you!... mom and dad upgraded themselves to a S3??? it's aft... they were AQ, but love the idea of a suite- as it's their 30th (celebrating a little early on this cruise) Is it only certain suites that get the cocktail hour???

I can't remember if I've seen you post, you have joined our Roll Call right?

Meg

Thank you for all your replies!

Meg, we are signed up for the roll call and connections party. Looking forward to meeting your family.

Terry, you always give the best advice and take the greatest pictures.

Thank you all again.

Judith

Terry, you always give the best advice and take the greatest pictures. Thank you all again. Judith

Appreciate, Judith, your nice and kind comments. On what I posted on this thread, these were items I searched out and found on the web. Then processed and cropped on my Mac computer with iPhoto to upload here. In early 2014, I'll aim to have lots more from these cabins, plus many added ones from the wonderful Solstice.

THANKS! Enjoy your cruise! Terry in Ohio

Did a June 7-19, 2011, Solstice cruise from Barcelona that had stops in Villefranche, ports near Pisa and Rome, Naples, Kotor, Venice and Dubrovnik. Enjoyed great weather and a wonderful trip. Dozens of wonderful visuals with key highlights, tips, comments, etc., on these postings. We are now at 77,220 views for this live/blog re-cap on our first sailing with Celebrity and much on wonderful Barcelona. Check these postings and added info at:

Archived