Bringing meds in a sun-sat box

ottmar

Thats what I've always done and in 26 cruises I've never had a problem. I might in the future xerox a copy of my RX's before I send them in just to have a copy with me.......

Just because I haven't had a problem in the past 26 cruises doesn't mean I won't on the next one.......those shoreside agents can be rather fickle...

I agree, I do this every time, although I do have sleeping pills that are considered narcotic, I would never take a narcotic or controlled drug without taking the bottle, everything else I throw in a pill box. Never had a problem.

Carole

DD takes 13 pills in the a.m., 1 at lunch, and 9 at nite to control seizures. (3 different meds) For the past 20 years we have packed them in the 7 day containers, and I always take a copy of the scripts with me. (we travel at least 2-3 times a year on planes/cruises) Have never been stopped- lucky, I guess! I also pack an extra week of pills, and put rubber bands around the compartments and pill holders, as they sometimes pop open in our carryon. Then everything goes into a large plastic bag - not only to hold all our perscription meds, but again, in case the holders pop open. I don't want to spend time sorting pills into pill holders on vacation. :)

Another reason not to fly. What is the TSA's business for someone having a week or two worth of pills with them?

It is not their job. Their job is stop weapons and bombs from getting on airplanes. But a quick internet search shows that they fail nearly 80 plus percent of time.

The TSA is good at running drugs and stealing phone, ipads and laptops and putting notes in luggage where people have brought their "marital aids" with them.

Archived