Pacific Dawn - the Orient Pub and the Tiger!

Dead link :(

It's strange - it still works for me and is on my FB feed, but it's not on P&O's FB page yet.

Will try again when it's on the right page.

(Maybe I have a special line - hahahahaha! I think not.)

And me!! :D

I have only been on PD once - and that was a few years ago. I recall that the Bengal bar was very nice - but was "awkward" . Didn't seem to be able to take too many people.?? Not sure why they have changed it from a "bar" to a "pub". The P&O UK ships have pubs - as well as bars. They do have a different feel - pubs being a bit down market compared to the bars. (IMO) . Strange how atmospheres are different - Oriana's "Lords tavern" ( based on Lords cricket ground ) fired up well - but Arcadia's "Rising Sun" , although nicer IMO, never seemed to fire up.

Barry

And me!! :D

I have only been on PD once - and that was a few years ago. I recall that the Bengal bar was very nice - but was "awkward" . Didn't seem to be able to take too many people.?? Not sure why they have changed it from a "bar" to a "pub". The P&O UK ships have pubs - as well as bars. They do have a different feel - pubs being a bit down market compared to the bars. (IMO) . Strange how atmospheres are different - Oriana's "Lords tavern" ( based on Lords cricket ground ) fired up well - but Arcadia's "Rising Sun" , although nicer IMO, never seemed to fire up.

Barry

Hi Barry

As you have been on Pacific Pearl, I was wondering what the atmosphere was like in the Orient Pub on board the Pearl? It may give us a clue as to what they are trying to achieve with the Orient Pub on the Pacific Dawn.

Hi Barry

As you have been on Pacific Pearl, I was wondering what the atmosphere was like in the Orient Pub on board the Pearl? It may give us a clue as to what they are trying to achieve with the Orient Pub on the Pacific Dawn.

Jenny

It is quite OK - but it is quite open area and I can't say that the atmosphere in it is something that you can really define. I don't think it has the atmosphere of a pub myself though - it still feels like a bar to me. Calling something a pub doesn't make it one !! :rolleyes: Then again, most pubs in Oz are nothing like pubs in the UK.

Barry

Hi Barry

Hi Jenny

We loved the atmosphere in the Orient Pub and spent a lot of our time there (the pub might be rowdier on the island cruises as opposed to the longer cruises ;)). They held lots of trivia here (including the "Great Aussie Pub trivia), and at night they usually had a music act on who would play everyones favourite tunes :). Give me a call if you need anymore info :).

A friend who has just been on the Pacific Dawn says that, although it is still in the Orient Bar, it's going to be moved. She was saying they are thinking of auctioning it off to the passengers! :D :D :D

are Mystery Island yes we did miss it due to high winds, we arrived at 7.30 am and left at 9.30 am for Wala, that put us one day in front on the cruise, which means what are they(P&O) going to do, well as it happened POrt Vila over night and all the staff were so happy about it, as that ment they could go ashore and they did , I would about 300-400 staff went ashore about 11 pm to go to the vodoo bar or le lagoon,they were all dress up whichwas great for them.

when we arrive some people on here that went on the cruise may have seen the huge fight at the gates of the dock, where the big old guy who is in charge of the buses was running around hitting the the guys at the gute mmm who knows why but the cops came and most of the guys ran up the hill to hide lol. this was about 8.30 am first day.

Archived