Just off Splendor...

4hunters

I called to see how many guests they allow on La Isla and they said a Max of 36. In case that helps you decide;)

Thanks for the info! I was curious what their max was. Just an FYI for others interested in this excursion, I'm sure 36 is probably safe, however, it might feel a bit crowded if you happen to get on this excursion with that many people.

I would do the La Isla because you will be able to snorkel in the exact same spot that Pez Gato will take you to (Pelican Rock) plus you'll have all the other amenities La Isla has to offer.

Also just as an FYI, both Pez Gato and La Isla include a quick stop at Los Arcos (the famous arch at the very tip of Baja) for pictures. Make sure you take a picture of the seals which will be laying on the rocks near the arch! ;)

Thanks for your info! The snorkeling tour I'm looking at goes to Santa Maria Bay...thinks that's a different area? I'll do some more research, but now leaning toward La Isla for sure! :p

Thanks for your info! The snorkeling tour I'm looking at goes to Santa Maria Bay...thinks that's a different area? I'll do some more research, but now leaning toward La Isla for sure! :p

Yep, that's a different snorkeling tour. While I've never done the Santa Maria Bay snorkeling, I have read that the snorkeling is better there (more fish and variety). But I would still go with La Isla. ;)

We sailed Splendor on 4/15, I haven't had time to write my review yet but we did the Pez Gato Excursion on day 2 in Cabo to Santa Maria bay and we loved it. We had fabulous weather and we saw lots of fish and had ample snorkel time. The Pez Gato did turn into a booze cruise on the way back but that made it even more fun. They provided yummy sandwhices and chips and pico de gallo for lunch. The guides were entertaining and fun and if I ever go to Cabo again I would totally book Pez Gato both days. On our first Cabo day we took a water taxi for 10pp from Little Crab over to Lover's beach where we snorkeled at Pelican Rock. There was a boat there from Cabo Adventures with a snorkel excursion and we felt like we got to do their same excursion for a fraction of the price. The snorkeling was well worth the 10.00 but we saw much better snorkeling with Pez Gato and it was a bit hard to get back into the water taxi on the beach. It really just depends on what you want to do plus you will have kids with you. We had a toddler on our Pez Gato tour but the rest of our tour group were all adults so that made for more of the party atmosphere that did have some risque moments so that might be a concern, there was no nudity just some bumping and grinding with some of the bikini clad ladies. I am sure they would make it more family friendly with kids present. Pez Gato provided all the equipment for snorkeling along with a paddle board and noodles and it was really easy to get in and out of the catamaran. Don't hesitate to contact Pez Gato with any questions as I found them to be helpful and friendly before booking, I actually messaged them on the site with the words face and book in it. I hope I can post that here, sorry if that was against the rules, just trying to be helpful. I did not know of the La Isla tour as that sounds fun too, maybe you can do both lol, If you decide on Pez Gato do day two as it will be much easier for you to get off the ship in my opinion.

Probably the last time we will sail on her since she is moving to NY next year. :( At any rate, we had an excellent trip. I'll be happy to try to answer questions if anyone has any.

Who was playing in the atrium during the evenings?

Who was playing in the atrium during the evenings?

Sorry, I can't remember their names. It was an oriental couple, the guy played the piano and sang while the girl just sang. She had a great voice!

I would prefer no lines upon embarking. I want to arrive in the afternoon so what would be a good time range to arrive?

If you arrive around 1:00 pm you should have no lines and be able to walk right onto the ship.

I thought of one more question. Did you notice any lines for the Any Time Dining and what time were they the longest? Thank you for all of your advise. Only 25 more days!

Yes, compared to our cruise on Splendor last November, the lines for ATD were long. They seemed to be longest from when the dining room opened at 5:45 up to about 7:00 pm. After that they seemed to die down. That being said, the lines did move pretty fast which was nice. :D

I'm not picky about about food and I thought the MDR food was good. Not great by any stretch, just good. I did have a very good, very tender filet mignon one evening. That was probably my favorite main course of the trip. I usually love the lobster, but the tail I got this trip was pretty tough.

That's interesting...

I wasn't very impressed with the MDR food, but was really surprised at how tender the lobster tail was. DH and I as well as the other 2 at our table we expecting tough/chewy consisitency due to the high volume they turn out, but they were all really tender.

My biggest complaint was that things didnt always come out hot. Somtimes they were barely warm.

We did the steak house on Friday and thouroughly enjoyed that as well.

My biggest complaint was that things didnt always come out hot. Somtimes they were barely warm.

That is an ongoing complaint with Splendor's MDR. On our Dec. cruise, we were seated by the kitchen doors, and most of our food was warm at best.

That is an ongoing complaint with Splendor's MDR. On our Dec. cruise, we were seated by the kitchen doors, and most of our food was warm at best.

I heard that from a few others as well :(

This was our 1st cruise, I think I has my dining expectations set a little high. I'm by no means a picky eater, but I do consider myself a good cook and was a little disapponted. On the other hand, some things were really good...so I guess it balances out in the end.

Hi can you tell me the different in time from ship and P. V . We want to go in the canopy. We're people sell on the dock?

PV is 2 hours different, but the night before, they move ship time up 1 hour, so you are only 1 hour different.

They change ship time back on Friday night. They announce it over the intercom system and it is on the FunTimes.

They have a lot of tour companies etc on the docks. We didnt use any of them.

We booked a dune buggy tour on http://puertovallartatours.net/ It was a blast, I think they do canopy tours as well.

PV is 2 hours different, but the night before, they move ship time up 1 hour, so you are only 1 hour different.

They change ship time back on Friday night. They announce it over the intercom system and it is on the FunTimes.

They have a lot of tour companies etc on the docks. We didnt use any of them.

We booked a dune buggy tour on http://puertovallartatours.net/ It was a blast, I think they do canopy tours as well.

Thank you so much for the information now is that you are on the ship one hour behind. also what time did you all get to port?

Thank you so much for the information now is that you are on the ship one hour behind. also what time did you all get to port?

They start letting people off the ship in port at 9:00 am ship time, which is 10:00am P.V. time and you need to be back onboard no later than 8:30pm ship time. I kept my watch on shp time.

The upside is in P.V. you dont have to wait for the tenders to go to shore, you just walk off the ship and your in the port. When you return to the ship, it will take a few minutes to get through security, as they do check your bags, so make sure you allow enough time for that.

They start letting people off the ship in port at 9:00 am ship time, which is 10:00am P.V. time and you need to be back onboard no later than 8:30pm ship time. I kept my watch on shp time.

The upside is in P.V. you dont have to wait for the tenders to go to shore, you just walk off the ship and your in the port. When you return to the ship, it will take a few minutes to get through security, as they do check your bags, so make sure you allow enough time for that.

Thank you so very much for the information.

For the Cabo tenders- where and when do you go to get your tender pass? We too will have a private Cabo excursion where we will want to try to get off ASAP.

Thanks!

You need to go to the future cruise desk. It's on deck five, right next to the specialty coffee place.

That's interesting...

I wasn't very impressed with the MDR food, but was really surprised at how tender the lobster tail was. DH and I as well as the other 2 at our table we expecting tough/chewy consisitency due to the high volume they turn out, but they were all really tender.

We did the steak house on Friday and thouroughly enjoyed that as well.

You lucked out! I normally get two tails, but this time one was enough for me... :(

Excellent info, CinAngel! Thanks for helping me out with timely answers in this thread. ;)

Archived