Time in port

meggie711

I know that this has been asked before, but when I checked archives, most answers were from 2008 and 2009, so please forgive me for asking again.

I am new to NCL, looking at Epic for Nov. 2013. The website says passengers must be back on board 1 hour prior to sailing when leaving a port of call. I'm very aware of times and would never cut it so close. Some people have said 30 minutes. I'm just confused. Will they not let you back on if it is an hour or less before sailing out of a port of call? Just wondered if we were heading back and got to the ship with 30 to 45 minutes to spare, would we be denied boarding? I know it's our responsibility, just don't think I've cruised anywhere that we had to be on board an hour before (unless I just don't remember).Thanks in advance..

Generally, while in port, passengers are required to be back on the ship 30 minutes before scheduled departure (the crew 60 minutes).

As long as the ship is still at the dock and the gangway down, they'll let you on!

The recommended time of return to the ship will be published in the Freestyle Daily for each port. In general, it's 30 minutes before sailing. They will NOT deny your boarding if you show up past the 30-min deadline. They will pretty much wait until the very last minute before taking up the gangway. I wouldn't plan on cutting it too close but if something delays you and you end up arriving at the pier 5-10 minutes before the scheduled sailing, you'll be okay.

For embarkation, you need to be on the ship within 1 hour of sail time

For port days, you will need to be on the ship within 30min of sail time

I thought it was 2 hrs for embarkation day.

Yes, they'll let you on! ...And if you end up having to cut it close like this, you'll hear the shouts of pax on the ship decks and balconies watching your group and collectively yelling "RUN!!"

It's fun, a camraderie of sorts... Everyone pulling for the last stragglers to come back onboard...

Yes, they'll let you on! ...And if you end up having to cut it close like this, you'll hear the shouts of pax on the ship decks and balconies watching your group and collectively yelling "RUN!!"

It's fun, a camraderie of sorts... Everyone pulling for the last stragglers to come back onboard...

MD, I prefer being the one yelling from the ship! :)

For embarkation, you need to be on the ship within 1 hour of sail time

For port days, you will need to be on the ship within 30min of sail time

I thought it was 2 hrs for embarkation day.

Point of embarkation is always two hours prior to departure.

Point of embarkation is always two hours prior to departure.

I'm not really worried about the day of, because we always drive to our port and get there earliest possible for getting on. Just wondered if our time in each port is even shorter because of cruiseline's rule of getting on an hour prior to sailing from port.

I'm not really worried about the day of, because we always drive to our port and get there earliest possible for getting on. Just wondered if our time in each port is even shorter because of cruiseline's rule of getting on an hour prior to sailing from port.

Oops, just realized you were addressing someone else's question about port of embarkation! Apologies. :)

Archived