Where to tell friends to pick us up at Red Hook

chinaiyf

Your friends can drive right into the terminal and park right outside the main doors where you will exit, you will see two sets of doors , the first set is where you come out, they wont have a lot of time so be ready.

If its early there will be a lot of cars, taxis and limos, so be there ready for them to pull up out side, or there is parking across to the left of the terminal as well, not many people go there.

I would suggest you arrange a time to meet outside the doors though and just wait there

When you exit the doors of the terminal , make a left and walk to the long

passenger pickup walkway (sheltered and seats )You can flag down your friends as they pass by . Cell phones come in handy at this point.

You are receiving good advice.

There is no special landmark for your friends to look for there. There is only one terminal on the sight with the Queen Mary 2 docked along side it.

As suggested here, connect with each other with your cell phones.

Once you exit the ship, it takes time to claim your luggage, unless you have only carry off ones, then go through customs, before exiting the terminal and head for the pick up area to the left of the terminal as you exit.

If your friends want to get there early to view the Queen Mary 2, there is a large parking lot, but they will have to pay to park there.

You will have no problems meeting your friends. So, relax on your day of arrivial>

Terrence

PA040004.jpg.28e52760da85e9ea24cf86a31547b3ba.jpg

One time that I picked friends up at the terminal (and wasn't sure when they would be off the ship due to some issues with the gangway and everyone was delayed), I parked in an area where a lot of the car service drivers hang out and wait - see the empty area shown in the center, bottom of the picture below:

brooklyn-cruise-terminal1.jpg

When my friends exited the terminal they called me from a cell phone and I drove to the pickup area just to the right of the terminal building and met them there (the curved white area in the center, righthand side of the picture):

brooklyn-cruise-terminal2.jpg

One time that I picked friends up at the terminal (and wasn't sure when they would be off the ship due to some issues with the gangway and everyone was delayed), I parked in an area where a lot of the car service drivers hang out and wait - see the empty area shown in the center, bottom of the picture below:

brooklyn-cruise-terminal1.jpg

When my friends exited the terminal they called me from a cell phone and I drove to the pickup area just to the right of the terminal building and met them there (the curved white area in the center, righthand side of the picture):

brooklyn-cruise-terminal2.jpg

Boytjie, great photos! What was your vantage point? A chopper? Nicely done, and thanks for sharing. Regards, -S

We're arriving on 17 June with QM2 and have friends picking us up. Is there a good landmark where we could meet them at the terminal?

We walked out and went left to where there was some seats .

Archived