? About Tokina lens

Hello everyone,

It's been awhile since I've been on. For those of you that remember,

I ordered a Tokina 11-16 f/2.8 from amazon in October. We had two cruises one in Oct. one in Nov. (with a week in between) I ordered from amazon who had another party fill the order. They sent the lens for a canon instead of nikon. They wanted me to send them the lens back and wanted to send the correct one, except I wouldn't be home to receive the lens. So I sent it back. Needless to say (sorry I'm getting winded here) I'm ordering the lens again. I checked amazon and the description is

Tokina AT-X 116 Pro DX AF 11-16mm f/2.8 Lens For Nikon

Nothing against Amazon, but I'm ordering the lens from adorama. Their description is

Tokina 11mm-16mm F/2.8 ATX Pro DX Autofocus Zoom Lens for Nikon Digital SLR Cameras.

My question is are they both the same lens? It sure seems like it to me, but I'm wondering why amazons description has 116 in it and the adamora description doesn't. Is it the same lens? I sure hope so...I already hit submit:o

The Tokina model number is AT-X 116 Pro DX.

The one listed on Amazon is the correct one. It is likely that you were simply shipped the wrong mount last time. The external packaging from Tokina is identical for Nikon and Canon except for a sticker denoting the mount.

That said, Adorama is never a bad choice!

I don't remember which model you have but be aware that the lens will NOT autofocus on Nikon bodies without a focus motor, including the D40, D60 and the new D3200.

Dave

Pierces, I have the D7000. I wanted to know if the two lens that I have described above are the same lens??

(The one from amazon and the one from adorama)

Now I'm REALLYYYYY confused:confused: about the part that says it's autofocus zoom, but are you saying that it won't autofocus?

Pierces, I have the D7000. I wanted to know if the two lens that I have described above are the same lens??

Now I'm REALLYYYYY confused:confused: about the part that says it's autofocus zoom, but are you saying that it won't autofocus?

No he is saying that some lens that don't have the motor built in won't focus on Nikon bodies. The good news is I think you are ok with the D7000. I have not had any issues with the lens on it. I have read for a long time that the models Dave mentioned do require a different type of lens with the motor.

The Nikon D7000 had the focus motor in the camera, the D3200 and D5100 do not. So your lens does not need the focus motor in the lens if you have the D7000.

There is only one Tokina model from my quick scan, with the D7000 you should have no problem with any modern lense for Nikon. You will be able to mount and focus on D7K!

Archived