Ever slept overnight on the Serenity Deck?

Hello! My husband and I are going on our 3rd Carnival Cruise next month (woohoo!). We've always found the Serenity Deck to be very relaxing. We were wondering if anyone has ever spent the night in one of the hammocks on the Serenity Deck. Is that even allowed? We were thinking it would be very relaxing to sleep out there just one night with the sounds of the sea and the breeze blowing. We have an interior room, so it isn't like we can just open up our balcony door in our room or anything. Thanks!

You will find a lot more info if you research this on the Carnival board, here:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/forumdisplay.php?f=215

I think sleeping overnight would be challenging. The crew does it's cleaning in the public areas, open decks and reserved areas at night, every night. So getting wet is a possibility.

Me and DH fell asleep ( passed out :rolleyes: from exhaustion) out there one night about 1 pm , no one bothered us. we woke up about 4 pm and went back to our room. it was pretty deserted when we woke up but no one ever said a word.

Ask the towel person if anyone has done it. Just tell him your curious and wondered if anyone could sleep through the night with all the cleaning that goes on. Then decide if you're going to try it. I am going to ask about this next time on the Serenity deck.

On one cruise it was so rough that passengers brought their blankets and pillows to the open deck and did spend the night there. However this was a VERY old ship and had no stabilizers. (In late 80's).

Me and DH fell asleep ( passed out :rolleyes: from exhaustion) out there one night about 1 pm , no one bothered us. we woke up about 4 pm and went back to our room. it was pretty deserted when we woke up but no one ever said a word.

Was it pm hours or am?

I think this can be exciting and romantic to spend a couple of hours out in the open, looking at the stars.

Several years ago on a family cruise, my brother partied late into the night, long after the rest of the family left for their cabins. He was sharing a quad cabin with my teen daughters and his teen daughter. They woke up the next morning, didn't even notice he wasn't there, and headed to breakfast, only to discover my brother curled up into a ball, asleep/passed out on one of the lounges by the pool, completely undisturbed by the sun, the cleaning going on and passengers strolling by him :eek:. They had to wake him. I don't think the crew allows this anymore...thank Goodness!

Was it pm hours or am?

I think this can be exciting and romantic to spend a couple of hours out in the open, looking at the stars.

It was AM sorry about the typing mistake :o

That why were itially out there just fell asleep by mistake but enjoyed it

When I was on the Legend in December I fell asleep in one of the clam shells around midnight. It was so peaceful watching the stars and feeling the sea breeze. I woke up around 5:00 am. No one ever bothered me :)

Archived