Deck 8 on the Quest

patnlcc

You mind telling me if you were midships or aft? I have a thing about noise!

We have a aft cabin booked for our upcoming cruise on the 8th deck. From what I understand if you are a light sleeper it could be a problem if you are directly under the cafe. I have requested through our TA that we look for a similar room on the lower decks.

We booked a Sky Suite on Deck 8 of the MS Azamara Quest near the stern of the ship. The suite was located under the cafe and we expected little to no noise.

Unfortunately we were mistaken. What we did not realize is that there is a "kitchen area' on Deck 9 in the center of the cafe. Because of this we experienced noise from kitchen activities most of the day and evening.

We did report the noise to the ship's staff. They did acknowledge that the noise was, "...a problem to some" and we were transferred to deck 7.

This made a big difference and we thoroughly enjoyed the cruise.

Steven, if I might be bold, just which suite number were you booked into? Not that I want to put myself into a panic attack for the next 14 months or so, but we are deck 8, Port, rear-ish, and definitely below Windows cafe... Appreciated!

Steven, if I might be bold, just which suite number were you booked into? Not that I want to put myself into a panic attack for the next 14 months or so, but we are deck 8, Port, rear-ish, and definitely below Windows cafe... Appreciated!

I believe that we had cabin 8062. It was on the Port Aft side of the ship. It you look at Deck 9 you will notice that the Window's Cafe is divided into two sections by a center area. I believe this area is reserved for food handling and will generage noise from these activities.

Goodness me, we have been in 8062 with a very light sleeper on two cruises on Journey and no problems. Wonder what has changed - have they new equipment up there or what?

We were on the Quest, not on the Journey. I must admit that we are light sleepers. I am sure that many individuals would not any problems. But we found the cabin to be quite noisy, and frankly for the money, I would not have expected any problems.

I must admit that the staff was fantastic. They did transfer us to another floor with the problem being rectified.

I would highly recommend Azamara Cruises. Except for that one problem with the cabin the ship and staff was fantastic.

:eek:Thanks a million Steven. Out of all of the suites available to be booked on Deck 8, you will never, in a million years guess which one:eek: I just happened to pick! I'll be in touch with Azamara tomorrow, and see if we can be moved... I'm beginning to feel that panic attack coming on.:eek:

:eek:Thanks a million Steven. Out of all of the suites available to be booked on Deck 8, you will never, in a million years guess which one:eek: I just happened to pick! I'll be in touch with Azamara tomorrow, and see if we can be moved... I'm beginning to feel that panic attack coming on.:eek:

Hey all, we just got moved from deck 8 down to deck 7 (oh yeah!). WC on the aft ship, looking forward to counting not so many sheep....:eek:

I have had the pleasure of spending 33 nights in suite 8088 right underneath the buffet terrace and didn't have any problems whatsoever with noise.

Unfortunately the real risk is impossible to predict: your neighbors. Whatever cabin you book, there's always the chance of neighbors from hell. My worst experience ever was a baby right next door that cried approx. 6 hours each night (and many more during the day) on a sold out cruise (so no cabin changes).

Floris

• 2 weeks later...

Just got off Quest this morning and are looking forward to a good night's sleep! We were on deck 8 starboard rear and could set my watch by what time the noise started in the morning! 6:30am you thought you were living under a bowling alley! I would say if you have any noise sensitivity at all do get moved if possible! We were very disappointed with the amount of noise. The crew did everything they could to help but with a sold out ship not much could be done! And ounce of prevention!!

Kathki, PLEASE don't tell my you were in 8062. Please! (Where were you, I'm trying to move for next year...)

Did not have any problems there and we have a light sleeper

We just returned from the Journey on May 29. We were in cabin 8063 which is one of the suites. The only noise we heard was in the early afternoon on the days they were setting up for the BBQ/buffet on the pool deck. Otherwise it was very quiet. Two years ago we were on the Quest in cabin 7029 and didn't hear any noise at all. I would caution booking a room near the laundry room on deck 7 (port side); there is a lot of activity in that area. Hope this helps.

We just returned from the Journey on May 29. We were in cabin 8063 which is one of the suites. The only noise we heard was in the early afternoon on the days they were setting up for the BBQ/buffet on the pool deck. Otherwise it was very quiet. Two years ago we were on the Quest in cabin 7029 and didn't hear any noise at all. I would caution booking a room near the laundry room on deck 7 (port side); there is a lot of activity in that area. Hope this helps.

Just as this thread was getting me A bit concerned you reported in on "our" 8063. Looking forward to that in August. Hope you had a great cruise.

I hate to tell you but yes, 8062! Not only was there noise from the deck above but the cabin is across the hall from a services room for the AC which has a low droning noise that never quit! We had guest services come to check it for us but there was nothing they could do but suggest we use earplugs. We don,t blame the staff as they are great, just one of those things. We have been on over 25 cruises on 10 different lines and this was the first time we have had any issues like this. If you can switch to another cabin I would recommend it.

Kathki and StephenR, I really want to thank both of you for your input on this board regarding 8062. I've just spoken to Costco/Azamara, and they were great about changing our room. There was no problem getting us into 8056, much closer to midship, and away from the food areas. We are now closer to the elevators than I would have liked, but we should survive. Plus we now get a pull out couch, so we can sneak some stowaways on board with us. The only down side is that we are now bunking next door to lust filled, hormonally impassioned friends who are joining us. They will be warned that I'm carrying a recorder, so they will need to keep the noise down, or I'll go public. Thanks a million!

David

We're in 8066 a year from August on the Journey (Black Sea). Hopefully we don't have noise problems as all these mini-suites are sold out already. We've been in one of these suites before on Azamara with no problems, but don't remember which one.

Archived