Drew Devine info... Bummed out missing Graham Seymour by one week

I never get too excited (or depressed) one way or the other. I have never had a bad CD. I barely remember the names. I am on the Freedom this summer with Drew and I imagine he will be fine (although I did really enjoy Richard Spacey the first time I was on the Freedom and Simeon Baker on the Serenade). We had John Heald on CCL last summer and he was really awesome. Those are the only 3 that I actually remember the names. No, wait. I remember a Gene from many years ago on the Song of America! What country is Drew from?

I never get too excited (or depressed) one way or the other. I have never had a bad CD. I barely remember the names. I am on the Freedom this summer with Drew and I imagine he will be fine (although I did really enjoy Richard Spacey the first time I was on the Freedom and Simeon Baker on the Serenade). We had John Heald on CCL last summer and he was really awesome. Those are the only 3 that I actually remember the names. No, wait. I remember a Gene from many years ago on the Song of America! What country is Drew from?

Drew is from Toronto, Canada.

Drew is great! I have had both and actually prefer Drew over Graham but I am not sure my DH and DS would agree. I will have Graham in May. I hope Drew is on Monarch in July when we go but I am afraid he might be on vacation.

Drew is great! I have had both and actually prefer Drew over Graham but I am not sure my DH and DS would agree. I will have Graham in May. I hope Drew is on Monarch in July when we go but I am afraid he might be on vacation.

Unfortunately, Drew is scheduled to leave Monarch permanently. He is on his last Monarch contract now, which is scheduled to end May 14.

LOVED Drew when he was on Mariner (when Mariner was out of Port Canaveral). Bummed we won't get to see him (sailing June 10)!

We also sailed with Drew on Mariner out of Port Canaveral back in 2008. We LOVED him. My husband is a recreational drummer and Drew is a drummer as well. He was really great - even played with the band in the theater a few times. Very cool guy!!

I believe Drew was the first CD that my husband and I turned to each other and said, "Now we understand why a CD can make or break a cruise." Drew really made a positive difference on that cruise for us!

Unfortunately, Drew is scheduled to leave Monarch permanently. He is on his last Monarch contract now, which is scheduled to end May 14.

The Monarch itself is scheduled to leave RCI permanently. Wikipedia says April 1, 2013.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/MS_Monarch_of_the_Seas

I wonder who the CD will be for that final cruise March 29?

Also I would think doing 2 cruises per week (a 4-day and a 3-day) would be more difficult than doing one 7-day.

The TV shows I've seen on cruises say embarkation day is very hectic.

Maybe Drew was tired of that.

The Monarch itself is scheduled to leave RCI permanently. Wikipedia says April 1, 2013.

From the current CD thread:

Monarch OTS - Drew Devine until May 14. Marc Walker will be CD May 14 until Sept. 14. Marc will return Nov. 16 until April 2 when Monarch leaves the fleet.

No info yet on who is filling in for Marc Sept 14 - Nov16.

I don't think you'll be disappointed. I will say that we had Graham many, many years ago before he even came to RCCL (on Princess I think). He definitely made an impression as we still talk about him to this day. We have had Drew on the shorter Monarch as well as the 7 day Mariner and he was good as well in his own way. I would love to get lucky enough to book a cruise again that Graham is on to see if he is still as good as he was back then. I'm guessing by the reviews I see that he's still got it. Either way, I'm sure you will enjoy your cruise.

Also I would think doing 2 cruises per week (a 4-day and a 3-day) would be more difficult than doing one 7-day.

The TV shows I've seen on cruises say embarkation day is very hectic.

Maybe Drew was tired of that.

Drew has paid his dues and is deserving of staying with the corporation. Monarch has been rated #1 several times since coming to PC and Drew's part in that has been awesome! Hope he lands the job he wants!!!!!!!

We are looking forward to seeing Drew :) I am sure it will be a FUN FUN cruise. I was really hoping to see do his singing stage show that we missed last time. Our sons went and said he was REALLy good.

Maybe next cruise :)

Archived