dolly varden or orca enterprises?

mackenzie

to my understanding dolly varden is an agency that finds tours from other co's to make tours for you. i would do a search with other whale watching tours in the port you want to make a reservation. you might get a better price and a timetable that will fit your needs better.

i think orca is still the best tour for watching whales even without capt.larry. he has very competent people that give the tour on his other boat that will get you too the whales and you will have a wonderful trip. my choice would to still go with orca. have a great time.

We had a bad experience with Dolly Varden. Like posted before they find local (some time unreliable) tour guides. You may very well get lucky with one of there tours, but theres always the chance you can get stung. I would stay with Orca (with or without Capt. Larry).

FOR clairfication- Dolly Varden is a booking agent. They do not run any whale watching tours. They will book for you either Orca Enterprises or Dolphin. So save your self the phone tag, middle man, and just book direct.

If you can't go with Capt. Larry, whom I know personally and have worked with a lot. He is great! Try calling Islander Charters. How many people are in your party? This is an independent charter boat and doesn't work with any of the over-priced booking agencies in town. They like to take a minimum of 4 people. THey have a 37' Tollycraft, if they aren't available they will be able to give you another independent name. (907)790.3950. Good luck! Enjoy your trip!

Archived