MDR for breakfast Monarch

If you have ever been on a RCCL ship,its the same fleet wide...........pancakes,eggs(inc eggs Benedict and omelets),french toast,yogurt,fruit,pastries,bagels with smoked salmon,etc.........plus they have a self serve area to fix yogurt,muesli,fruits,etc.........

It is nice to enjoy breakfast that way..

We ate breakfast in the MDR a few times, and it was very good. They usually have 2 specialties, one is usually eggs benedict (delicious, perfectly cooked runny egg with fresh hollandaise) and something else - like a special omelet or quiche. Then they have the classic breakfast plates with a combo of pancakes, eggs, bacon, etc.; they have smoked salmon and trout I think too, as well as fruit, waffles, french toast, pancakes, bagels, cereal, etc. You can ask for whatever sides you want, and they bring around platters of pastries and croissants. It's nice, I'd try it at least once.

You can look at our MDR pictures from the Voyager on our cruise food album here if you'd like: http://www.cruisefoods.com/index.php?ship=voyager_of_the_seas

Try this URL: http://www.cruisegoers.com/mariner/food/menu-and-pictures-day-2/

Breakfast menu is the first rectangle (upper left) -- click on it.

They also have Eggs Benedict, and this was back on the menu when I was on the Mariner last March.

The URL above is not mine, and it is not totally accurate anymore, but it does have some great pictures of menus and foods for a 7-day cruise.

Just point to the word "food" at the top to see other days.

There is also a buffet in the middle of the MDR (same place they do the Tutti Salad Bar at lunch).

You can get both the buffet and order from the menu if you want.

I go to the MDR for breakfast if I'm in time time.

I always use the MDR for breakfast the final (disembarkation) morning, but we usually drive to the cruise and are not in a big hurry to leave the ship.

Does anyone know if the seafood served on RCCL ships is wild, or do we have to consider farmed fish? I steer clear from that if I'm informed.

It is all frozen I think -- loaded at the embarkation port. I think pretty much all food is loaded then. There is no guarantee of any port-of-call. If a ship had to stop for supplies but could not, that would be a problem. So, they load up at the embarkation port.

Archived