Am I Making A Mistake

jan15

Just booked a cruise that does not include Glacier Bay. It is not to late to change since the cruise is not until 2006. Currently booked on Carnival Spirit and looking to change to Island Princess now that pricing is out. Will I regret missing Glacier Bay if I stayed with Carnival.

Carnival goes to College Fjord, which is also pretty spectacular, with 16 glaciers including the Columbia, a big one. There are six in Glacier Bay. I believe the ships get closer in Glacier Bay. I'm leaving for my third Carnival Spirit Alaska trip in 10 days, going to Glacier Bay this time instead of College Fjord. They have one GB sailing in May and two in September. I love the ship and the reasonably priced balcony cabins. I love having a balcony in Alaska. :)

If you aren't familiar with and certain of Alaska touring choices, I would have a booking that can be canceled with a low or no fee. If you stay with these boards your knowledge will expand!!! And your choices may change, 2006 is a LONG way off. Look at many factors, ports, time in ports, glacier, route, price. With a one way- consider adding days- well worth it. :)

The intinerary with Carnival Spirit does not include Tracy Arm Fjords. It includes Prince William Sound and College Fjord. We ended up having out TA cancel our booking with Carnival and booking us with Island Princess Southbound for next June. I'm sure Carnival does a wonderful cruise but we felt like we would regret not seeing Glacier Bay. Actually, I was quite surprised to find out that the pricing was not much different from Carnival and Princess. Thank you all for your input - it really did help.

Archived