Question about bringing wine on board

Why not 3! LOL. As long as all of you go through security together, then you can just let them know one is for each of you. I usually carry both champagne bottels in my bag for DH and myself.

Believe me, there will be 3 LOL! DH will have one, and I will have 2 in my carry-0n as DD may not be able to fit one in her carry-on with all her stuff. Yes, she is of drinking age, so no problem. :)

The age to bring wine/champagne is 21.

The corkage fee (if they charge it) is for bringing your own wine, not for the actual act of uncorking it. As suggested, bring a glass of wine from your cabin and no issues.

ken

How much is the corkage fee?

My husband and I each had a bottle of wine to carry onboard, my mom had one too. And, there was a gift basket sent to us with another bottle of wine in it. I usually would open the bottle in my room, get a glass full, then take the glass and the bottle with us to dinner. We simply set it on the table. If they offered us a chiller at the table, we'd ask the first night "sure, if there's no extra fee." And usually, they'd smile and bring one. That would be the end of that. Maybe we're lushes, but wine is all we drink and we usually have a glass with appetizers and salad, then one more glass with our entree. So bringing in one glass only wouldn't work for us. :o

My husband and I each had a bottle of wine to carry onboard, my mom had one too. And, there was a gift basket sent to us with another bottle of wine in it. I usually would open the bottle in my room, get a glass full, then take the glass and the bottle with us to dinner. We simply set it on the table. If they offered us a chiller at the table, we'd ask the first night "sure, if there's no extra fee." And usually, they'd smile and bring one. That would be the end of that. Maybe we're lushes, but wine is all we drink and we usually have a glass with appetizers and salad, then one more glass with our entree. So bringing in one glass only wouldn't work for us. :o

Another use for the infamous Bubbakeg? ;)

The large wine glass in our room probably holds at least 15 ounces so that is fine for us.

First off, what on earth is a bubbakeg :eek:. Sounds scary. Is that something redneck/country bumpkin or whatever? I guess because I drink two glasses of wine with dinner, I'm a redneck (???). Just guessing by the word "bubba." Never thought of it like that before. :rolleyes:

No, before we used just regular standard wine glasses that were in our room and they held about your typical 6-8 oz. glass. I'm not sure a larger glass would be the answer since it would get sort of warm by the time I got to the bottom. Actually, I usually only pour a little in the glass at a time to keep it cool. (Chardonnay fan) I suppose that would be a great idea with Merlot of a Cabernet.

Not calling you a redneck, hon, so don't worry. People often bring very large insulated mugs with lids to carry around their drinks. These are often referred to as bubba kegs. Some are big enough to store large amounts of wine so I suggested it might solve your problem. I also enjoy wine and bring my own glass. Scroll up a few and you can see the link to my favorite posted on this thread. BTW, Redneck is not necessarily a degrading term-some of the best people I knoware rednecks and wear it loud and proud.

It may not be to you, but it is to a lot of people. I've never been referred as one myself and hope to never be. I'm from different parts of the country though. And no offense, but only my husband has my permission to refer to me as "hon." Sounds like something a redneck would say. "Come on hunny!" (think Jeff Foxworthy when he's doing one of his shows.) Seriously though, I have never heard of that type of container nor does it sound like something I would be interested in carrying around. A wine chiller will do juuuust fine. But thank you for the uh fine suggestion. ;)

[quote name='t1adams']It may not be to you, but it is to a lot of people. I've never been referred as one myself and hope to never be. I'm from different parts of the country though. And no offenses, but only my husband has my permission to refer to me as "hon." Sounds like something a redneck would say. "Come on hunny!" (think Jeff Foxworthy when he's doing one of his shows.) Seriously though, I have never heard of that type of container nor does it sound like something I would be interested in carrying around. A wine chiller will do juuuust fine. But thank you for the uh fine suggestion. ;)[/QUOTE]

Hon was used as a term of endearment... I wanted to make sure you didn't think I was calling you a redneck or slighting you. In other words, I was being nice. And keep on the lookout for Rednecks on your next cruise. Most are super fun and you might meet a cool person!

Also, if you take the whole bottle in you might be charged corkage. My suggestion was a way to avoid that and keep the wine cool. Have a great cruise.

Archived