Question about bringing wine on board

So as curious question for you guys. Or two questions actually.

If I want to bring one bottle on board, do I pack it in my luggage or carry it on in my carry on backpack?

Also, if I want to bring it to dinner, am I required to pay a corkage fee or can I bring it to the MDR, open it myself, and serve myself without paying a fee?

You may or may not be charged corkage, but one is due, some waiters dont want to incur upset people and dont always charge it.. but it is due.

Each pax may bring on one 750 ml bottle of wine IN THEIR CARRY ON ONLY.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
So as curious question for you guys. Or two questions actually.

If I want to bring one bottle on board, do I pack it in my luggage or carry it on in my carry on backpack?

Also, if I want to bring it to dinner, am I required to pay a corkage fee or can I bring it to the MDR, open it myself, and serve myself without paying a fee?

One bottle per person over 18 ONLY in carry on. Sometimes they charge you the corkage fee, sometimes they don't. You won't be allowed to open it yourself, but if you are nice to your wait staff, they don't usually charge you. Have a great cruise.

The age to bring wine/champagne is 21.

The corkage fee (if they charge it) is for bringing your own wine, not for the actual act of uncorking it. As suggested, bring a glass of wine from your cabin and no issues.

ken

For those of you who bring a glass from your room to the MDR, where do you get a wine glass?

Thanks.

Our last cruise on day 1 I bought a glass of wine, brought the glass back with me and when returned to the room later, the steward had washed it out for me. He also got another one for us, so every day we had 2 clean wine glasses

Guest LoveMyBoxer
For those of you who bring a glass from your room to the MDR, where do you get a wine glass?

Thanks.

There's usually two wine glasses in your room. If not, ask your room attendant for a couple.

There's usually two wine glasses in your room. If not, ask your room attendant for a couple.

Those are not wine glasses. They are the same glasses that you get your ice water, iced tea, etc served in the MDR. You can go to any bar and ask for wine glasses.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Those are not wine glasses. They are the same glasses that you get your ice water, iced tea, etc served in the MDR. You can go to any bar and ask for wine glasses.

WOW, did you see them? We had wine glasses in our rooms on the Miracle, the Glory, the Dream and the Pride!

Guest LoveMyBoxer
We are 3 adults traveling together. Can I carry on 2 bottles of wine in my carry-on............one for me and one for the other party or do each of us have to carry our own bottle?

Why not 3! LOL. As long as all of you go through security together, then you can just let them know one is for each of you. I usually carry both champagne bottels in my bag for DH and myself.

If you take a bottle in with you, do they provide a bucket of ice at the side of your table or do you have to hand it over and pray that that nice bottle of Mondavi private reserve doesn't somehow turn into some schlep off their wine package.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Just got off the Pride and had no wine glasses, just the water glasses. Don't remember seeing wine glasses on any of my previous cruises.

Perhaps this is another "cutback". Last cruise on Carnival was last July on the Miracle.

If you take a bottle in with you, do they provide a bucket of ice at the side of your table or do you have to hand it over and pray that that nice bottle of Mondavi private reserve doesn't somehow turn into some schlep off their wine package.

I have always had the bottle either on the table or table side.

Depending on cabin category you may/may not have wine glasses in your cabin. You can always ask the cabin steward to bring you some or even talk to the Sommelier at dinner and they will deliver the correct wine glasses to your cabin (i.e. white, red)

We were on the Miracle in January had wine glasses, previous cruises in suites also had them

I have carried on 2 bottles, one for me and one "for my spouse". At the same time, my spouse has carried on two. So that's 4 between us. Your mileage may vary ;)

As for wine glasses in the cabin, we usually start the cruise with stemmed "water" glasses. Sometimes, our room steward will notice used WINE glasses and will replenish with new wine glasses.

You can always stop by any bar and ask for either red or white wine glasses. We do this during the day so we have what we need for the evening.

~Denise

Thanks.

When we meet the steward for the first time ask him to make sure we always have at least 4 wine glasses in our cabin.

Guest LoveMyBoxer
Id know passengers 21 and over may carry on one bottle of wine but if my 20 year ol is with me and has one in her carry on will they confiscate it ?

Does she look 21 or older? I've never seen them look at ID's. If she looks older than 21 it may just pass!

Archived