Happy Hours/Drink Specials

Anthony327

Just read Soltice drink prices are quite high. I hate having to be nickel & dimed and always adding costs to my trips. I know there are drinks of the day and often a "Happy Hour".

Sailing Solstice Mediterranean June 16.

Anyone know details?

Just read Soltice drink prices are quite high. I hate having to be nickel & dimed and always adding costs to my trips. I know there are drinks of the day and often a "Happy Hour".

Sailing Solstice Mediterranean June 16.

Anyone know details?

Passport bar on deck 3 midships has 2 for 1 drinks from 4 to 5 in the afternoon. Lots of people going to early dinner or returning from shore excursions take advantage of it. You just HAVE to try the CHOCOLATE martinis there!;) That's a little early for me so I used the Martini bar on deck 4. They have a 6 mini martini sampler for 17 bucks, they will pour your brand of choice if you ask, and let you substitute one flavor if you dont care for one in the lineup. (one pear, one apple, one watermelon, one sunrise, one classic, one raspberry) Strong as hell, too! Then later the Sunset(?) bar deck 14 or 15 aft has a 2 for 1 from I believe its 730 to 830. I don't do wine or beer so can't comment on that, but a lot of people enjoyed the "by the glass thing" in cellar masters. I thought about a drink package but glad I didnt go there. Say hi to Putu at the martini bar. You will get an absolute HOOT over how they pour the sampler! Have fun... its a BEAUTIFUL ship and the party band is awesome!!! DO NOT MISS the 60's night thing:D

Just got off the Summit and we had considered drink package because we had heard the price of drinks was expensive. We decided to just see how it went for the first couple days. We are used to AI vacations and this was our first cruise. We found that it wasn't as expensive as we thought it would be. I would not have wanted any more alcohol than we had . Our total bill for the week was about $550. We took 2 bottles of wine on board and we did have a welcome bottle of sparkling wine ( that we only drank 1/2 of the final night). It was good, just couldn't do it ! Between 4 and 5 we would get a bucket of Corona (6) for $25, drink one or two there and then you could take it to your room. We had a bottle of wine one night ant then they labeled it for us for the next night. Other nights we had at least one glass of wine each with dinner along with Pellegrino. We also had a couple martinis during the week and twice we had specialty coffees. My husband also had a couple cognacs. Basically we would have 3 or so beer a day, probably 2 glasses of wine and another drink. We were pleasantly surprised. The thing I enjoyed was the quality of the alcohol available and the variety of wine and beer.

Passport bar on deck 3 midships has 2 for 1 drinks from 4 to 5 in the afternoon. Lots of people going to early dinner or returning from shore excursions take advantage of it. You just HAVE to try the CHOCOLATE martinis there!;) That's a little early for me so I used the Martini bar on deck 4. They have a 6 mini martini sampler for 17 bucks, they will pour your brand of choice if you ask, and let you substitute one flavor if you dont care for one in the lineup. (one pear, one apple, one watermelon, one sunrise, one classic, one raspberry) Strong as hell, too! Then later the Sunset(?) bar deck 14 or 15 aft has a 2 for 1 from I believe its 730 to 830. I don't do wine or beer so can't comment on that, but a lot of people enjoyed the "by the glass thing" in cellar masters. I thought about a drink package but glad I didnt go there. Say hi to Putu at the martini bar. You will get an absolute HOOT over how they pour the sampler! Have fun... its a BEAUTIFUL ship and the party band is awesome!!! DO NOT MISS the 60's night thing:D

Yes knowing happy hours and specials are helpful. Thx

When they say you can bring aboard TWO of your own bottles of wine for consumption in your room, do they specify the SIZE of those bottles. Would they balk if I tried to board with two of the larger bottles?

Yes, they specify 750 ml bottles.

• 1 month later...

Was on the Summit in May and there were no happy hours.

On the Silhouette in Nov there would be a happy hour from 4 to 5 at select bars on port days, mainly because all bars aren't open but it would still only be at a few bars. In the evening they would sometimes have a happy hour from 10 to 11 in certain lounges.

There are also 2 different size martinis. The large ones that you get at the Martini bar and a smaller version at the other bars. The price is reflected in the size. Never seen happy hour at the martini bar or that other bar that makes those foam type drinks.

The DOD were never a discounted price. They were the same everyday price. it was just some drink that they decided to call the DOD to get some interest or to deceive people into thinking it was something special.

All of the above would be listed in the daily paper. I asked one BT about the happy hours and he said it always varied and was never consistent. He said they never knew until the day that it was posted.

Archived