Deck Plans

Hi All,

I have looked at the deck plans for various ships and they all seem to show most of the cabins being the same size, like all the balcony cabins the same, all the interior cabins the same.

But in reality there are differences. For example, some interior cabins are turned 90 degrees depending on what is beside or behind them.

One specific example is on the Conquest. The aft cabins are not really all the same size even though they are drawn exactly the same size on the deck plans.

http://www.cruisecritic.com/carnival-conquest-deck-plans/dp/?shipID=262&deck=8

We were on a ship once and we had booked two balcony cabins. One was longer than the other and had a sofa, while the other had a smaller loveseat.

Seems like I've heard mention of smaller cabins on some Carnival ships called 1A cabins or something like that.

Are there deck plans anywhere that show the actual dimensions/layouts of the cabins?

I've never seen a deck plan on any website that showed the exact dimensions of every cabin. Just a general overview with approximate square footage. Most do show the alignment of the cabin though (perpendicular or parallel to the hallway).

Seems like I've heard mention of smaller cabins on some Carnival ships called 1A cabins or something like that.

fYI, the 1As on conquest class, all of them I have been in, which is a lot of them, are LARGER (not smaller) than a regular inside. Since I am now crusing solo, I do a 1As a lot.

Be carefull generalizing

fYI, the 1As on conquest class, all of them I have been in, which is a lot of them, are LARGER (not smaller) than a regular inside. Since I am now crusing solo, I do a 1As a lot.

Be carefull generalizing

Are all the 1As inside cabins?

Some of those cabins that appear larger are handicapped cabins.

Most matching categories may have a different layout, they are mostly the same square footage...and the layout will depend on if they are connecting, where it may have a chair instead of a sofa...

I don't know of any website that shows what you are looking for...

Are you looking for something specific that maybe we can offer a suggestion on?

Are all the 1As inside cabins?

Some like 2217 are port holes, with one twin and one convertible sofa (marked as upper and lower on carnival's deck plans, so dont believe what Carnival says) and they are about 10 s.f. smaller than the PT next door which is 220 s.f.

Some like 6393, and the one mid deck 7 and 8, are wider than a regular inside, and Im sure a little more roomy and have two twins which can be pushed together, but they are insides.

Im always torn between the port holes lower down or the higher decks. Mid deck are so convenient.

The wider ones like 6393 have a nice wide entrance :) due to the extra width of the cabin. (you can see on the deck plans they even look wider).

Nothing specific, really. Just wondering if there was any such document that the common man can see.

I don't think so because I was talking to my PVP about this. Wanted a balcony cabin a bit larger than a regular when we have the kids with us...she said the deck plans are pretty accurate so if it looks bigger, it usually is. But, even she couldn't tell me the exact layout of some of the rooms...I know it is strange, but I like the head of the bed on the right wall in my cabin...I sleep on the left side at home and if it is on the left wall I am near the balcony where I prefer to be on the outside to get up and use the bathroom..

But, your PVP can sometimes tell you if there is a hidden gem in the room category that you are looking for...

They are all insides, but some are on the outside of the ship...does that make sense?

those cat 1A oceanviews are no longer. These will be category within the oceanview

BUT on some class ships there are obstructed oceanview cabins across the front of the ship that are classified as inside cabins

those cat 1A oceanviews are no longer. These will be category within the oceanview

BUT on some class ships there are obstructed oceanview cabins across the front of the ship that are classified as inside cabins

To me a port hole is ocean view?? You can still see out.

Cabin 2117 and 2111 next door I believe, are both 1As with Port holes on Conquest class (same with the other side of the ship, 2116, and the one next door).

Plus the ones down on Rivieria are 1As with port holes. I have one on Magic with a port hole.

I guess my definition and yours of oceanview is different. Im not talking OV category, Im talking seeing the ocean.

PS the same is true of Destiny and Triumph class.

Maybe you are thinking about the ones with the big picture window that used to be a 1A on conquest class and now are 6Bs? They are still 1A on Triumph class, but those do have a upper and lower bed, but they have TWO windows (not just one like a regular OV). they are along the hull and twice as long along the hull, hence the two windows.

Those are the ones I was talking about, an inside cabin but on the outside of the ship, or I guess I should have said not on the inside of the hallway, on the outside of it...

I was not referring to an oceanview, although you could argue that a port hole is technically an oceanview...and some of the 1As are port holes...

To me a port hole is ocean view?? You can still see out.

Cabin 2117 and 2111 next door I believe, are both 1As with Port holes on Conquest class (same with the other side of the ship, 2116, and the one next door).

Plus the ones down on Rivieria are 1As with port holes. I have one on Magic with a port hole.

I guess my definition and yours of oceanview is different. Im not talking OV category, Im talking seeing the ocean.

PS the same is true of Destiny and Triumph class.

Maybe you are thinking about the ones with the big picture window that used to be a 1A on conquest class and now are 6Bs? They are still 1A on Triumph class, but those do have a upper and lower bed, but they have TWO windows (not just one like a regular OV). they are along the hull and twice as long along the hull, hence the two windows.

Aren't some of the oceanview rooms only portholes also? So, you were correct about those 1As with a port hole as HAVING an oceanview, not BEING an oceanview...

Aren't some of the oceanview rooms only portholes also? So, you were correct about those 1As with a port hole as HAVING an oceanview, not BEING an oceanview...

Not on Carnival. All port holes are either 1As or PTs, both inside categories.

RCL does have port holes categorized as OV, so beware.

Carnival is excellent value for port holes these days. They used to have the PTs as 5As and too expensive and probably did not sell well, so they downgraded them.

Archived